Some interesting things in the movie

sniper

So, after carefull analysis of the movie- getting the full screen .exe one, and pressing my space bar (pause) 1000 times- I found some interesting things.

First, to really see the movie put your brightness of you screen up a lot. When I did this i saw a lot more to the movie.

As for units, you know in all WW games, when you put the cursor over a unit, it says its name? Well it does it in this movie and here is what I saw:

-Hark. Buzzsaw

-Ordos Korba

-Hark. Devastater

-Ordos Laser Tank

And structures:

-ramp

-Hark. Factory

-Ordos gas Turret

And other notables:

-when two planes are destroyed in one scene, PARACHUTERS are coming out of the plane

-that sand worm scene, before the worm comes up there were 6 infantry and 3 got eaten

-units in the dark scene in the beginning have head lights

-the side bar has tav system (like RA2)

-it is translucent

Well who ever also spots some cool things post it here.

This movie is amazing wow.

It also seems the battle will not only take place on Dune, but on Caladan, Giedi Prime and whatever is called the Ordos planet.

Even if I had first thought that the battle scenes on ice were taking place in th epolar regions of dune, they are more likely to actually take place on the Ordos planet, while the scenes with mus would be on Caladan and the scenes with red ground on Giedi Prime.

What about the Atriedes barracks that lifts off? I watched the movie a bunch of times to make sure thats what i saw, and I'm pretty sure it is. You don't see it actually fling, but you see a light at the bottom and it start to rise.

Didn't that movie look great...My question is what kind of computer was needed to run that. It looked sweet, but I wonder what kind of Pentium 3 you'll need to run it, and if you need a 3D card, probably a GEFORCE 2 at min..just kidding. That's how good it looked.

I hope westwood makes it as fun as the orignal dune 2...the gameplay, and stuff..and hope it doesn't turn into squads....it didn't seem like it in the movie which is good.

It looked like you can rotate the camera, and zoom in or out...probably will be taken out of the final version like in all westwood games, they had it in TS, where you could zoom in, in early versions...but seeing it 3d maybe they won't take it out.

Did anybody notice whether or not when the units (Troopers) were getting killed whether blood was coming out or not?

I doubt you'll see trooper blood in such a type of game, it will require sprites and will awkward.

BTW, the worm won't eat multiple harvesters, and surely no more than 2. Look at the difference betwee infantry and vehicles. A harvester fits rather good in the worms mouth.

Cyrus... you can't have a 3D game if the camera doesn't rotate or you can't zoom! So they CAN'T take that out.

P.S. Can someone PLEASE e-mail me the movie? Every time I try to download it my connection cuts before it's finished... :(

Another thing in the movie. They have a lot of diferent typs of infantry. like it should be.What kind of role are the fremen playing? I hope they have more to do with it than just infantry. Maybe you can get to control worms? Maybe they can be shelters for some bases. like if a Harkonnen atacked your base you could retret to a fremen stiech? I HOPE THEY ARE MORE INPORTANT THAN JUST Troops. What about renegade fremen that atack your harvesters? ANYTHING!!!!!!!