Help making my army

EinlanzerII

Hi,

I've just been playing EBFD for 5 days now and i am having serious troble making my army.

I love playing Atredies cuz of the kool units and also the infantry (snipers,kindjal). The big problem is when playing Atredies is setting up my army. Everytime i sent some kindjals and snipers on infantry rock, they always get killed by buzzsaws and other anti infantry units. Plus, Mongoose and Minos and Sonics move very slow and they mostly get rushed by like 40-50 buzzsaws. I am wondering if theres a good base defense by using the defense towers (machinegun posts, rocket towers) to protect the base. Also Ornithopters get easily shot down and ive built like about 30 and they get blown up in a flash. I am just having trouble making an offense and defense team to protect and attack the enemy

PS> I play multiplayer not skirmish cuz skirmish is totally easy to beat

You need a balance. Normally spoken base defence you only create when it is neceserry. (When being attacked).

You should back up your units when placed on a rock...

Mongoose you do not use for attacking. Those you use to support your Mino's, that advanced carryals are not picking them up. (But u might as well use air drones for that)

What a good defence position = Kindjal and a few snipers on a rock, and BEHIND them a few Mino's.. That's very difficult to conquer..

And instead of snipers, u might as well put Sards on the rock too ;)

ps. don't expect results in 5 days, it will take you a bit longer.. Each time you play, you get a bit better.

yeah....ur army should ne always a mix. for example: minos r the strongest unit for atreides, but if they r alone, they r easy to kill. with caqrrys, worms, planes dev`s and so on. so u will need more units with ur minos. elite snipers mongos kindjal...just something like that. the same for ur kindjal. they r a good unit, but alone thy r weak....get a few minos behind em, and u will be fine. THE MIX IS MAKING THE MUSIC

KALONY

you could also try going without the kindjal, unless you are just using them for a back up defense. Most of the time the best mix for atreides is minos and sardaukar (elite or regular depending on what you are attacking/defending against).

My Friend who play EBFD says he used this "cheap" tower defense in Alt. He put 5 rocket towers in a U shape and the  a machine gun post in the middle. its sorta like this

RMR

RRR

if he is like getting bombarded, he surronds the towers wif kindjals and some minos. He says its a good air/tank defense cuz of the 5 rockets. the machine gun posts... iono cuz mortar doods can fire from long range and the gun tower cant pickem off. so i guess snipers for backup..... Its kinda costy too.. iono ur opinions?

My Friend who play EBFD says he used this "cheap" tower defense in Alt. He put 5 rocket towers in a U shape and the  a machine gun post in the middle. its sorta like this

RMR

RRR

if he is like getting bombarded, he surronds the towers wif kindjals and some minos. He says its a good air/tank defense cuz of the 5 rockets. the machine gun posts... iono cuz mortar doods can fire from long range and the gun tower cant pickem off. so i guess snipers for backup..... Its kinda costy too.. iono ur opinions?

u dont need base defence like that.

In this game there is such a thing as harvesting spice for $$$(unless ure playing on non spice maps).

If u havent figured it out yet, makeing defence for base = u will not have units, so that leaves ure harvesters unprotected out in the field. As a result u will have no money and are a sitting duck in ure base entrance with ure nifty turrets.

So drop that idea of defending with turrets and start makeing units (unless ure in a game and u have everything going, then u might want to make some towers just in case).

All those atreides units (snipers, kjindal, sonics, ornithopters) can be used later in game when ure controlling the situation, but ure first priority should be get the game going using solid units - bikes and/or minos, light infantry add in something for the flavor like sardaukar or fremen. once the situation is under control. Forget sitting on ure starting rock and defending it, u need to get out, control the region of ure base and spice field, once that is achived u will produce nice army of minos and theire support units to make mino marches galore and reign VictoriouS!!!!

Basically, just play online, ull learn through time and experience! Have fun experimenting stuff if ure new to the game.

hmm thanks. Oh and one more thing, is there a way you can like guard a unit instead of guarding an area, so like letting ur repair vehicle guard a unit. The thing about repair vehicles is that they move too fast with the minos and gooses and they ruch in too fast so the mostly get killed. Also when you are like building units right, is there a way of making units in groups of ten instead of 1. You click on the unit that you wana build right, and it queues up in groups of one, and if u wana queue up to 10, you gotta click 10 times. is there a way to queue up to 10 times by only one click?

u can only click 1 by 1

AS for repair vehicles, dont use them in same group as minos let minos fight separately. Assaign repairs in another group and during combat manually assaign them to repair certain minos. If u have minos and reapis in 1 group naturally the reapirs rush in and get killed.

Repairing during combat needs good micromangement, especially since u should also have many other units to control, so its gonna take some time to get used to.

I use repairs mainly as post battle treatment. Once battle is over, often u find lvl-d up minos but severly damaged, thats why i keep repairs with me, to keep those precious minos alive and kicking.