Is Star Trek an example of communism?

After the third world war most of the mayor goverments are destroyed and most mayor city's also. that is why the Borg attacked.

People were living in an new dark age, whit the "help" of the vulcans they began an very speedy recovery and most ilnesses and poverty was eradicated.

The Vulcan's are part of the federation (third? season end of star trek enterprise)

Find a better one, if you want, we all would be glad. However, with new Enterprise prequel series it's same as with Dune, new staff doesn't exactly follow Rodenberry's thoughts, I think. But I don't know, since I couldn't get even into Voyager, for me Star Trek means Spock, Picard and Sisko and that's all.

hmm acriku, there are some books about Khan, and about the eugenics projects in the early 21st century. It also goes into how world war 3 started.

There are some books also that deal with the human-romulan wars decades after the first human piloted warp driven ship. Ill get the books names for ya.

Why is it in Star Trek whenever the ship is attacked, it's the computers that blow up in the people's faces?

Surely it would be fuel dumps and things that would blow up first... AWAY from 'the bridge'. So why do the computer screens always blow up (causing the operator to fly several metres back hahaha)

sytem crash/blow up, surge through the plasma conduits (ur something) they run through the computers so you get a big bang,

and it is more dramatic that way, if you only see the bridge and nothing ishappening there what fun would that be?

Thanks TMA, I've always had the interest of reading Star Trek literature, but never heard of any good ones.

As far as the computer screens go, like already mentioned they were for effect. Oh no, we're being attacked - oh god the computers are blowing up, smoke is coming out of everywhere, the ship is rocking back and forth, small fires start, lights turn off..! Ooo I can drip the drama into a cup and make syrup.

well there is in enterprise but what happend after that then? I mean where did the extinguisher go.

Enterprise was supposed to be star trek history so, there must have been extinguishers after that, or something simular ???

Well in the sick bay there are vents for air to flow through, so if a small pocket was closed off entirely by a force field, the fire would eat up all the oxygen and die out.

rrght but must be pretty damn dense force fields then cus air is very very thin and tiny so there is always a way to get in.

then again:

does plasma need air to burn? they burn in outher space where there is no air..

say afeter a space battle like at Wolf 359 after the borg attacked

The sun is a huge lab.

Originaly any star consists only of hydrogen. The huge gravity of the mass of hydrogen makes it to turn from a cloud into a ball of gas, that is compressed even further until the hydrogen starts to transform itself into other elements, in this process resulting heat, light, radio-waves...

The surface of the sun is not plasma (I think) but rather an extremely hot magma similar to what we have here on Earth. Plasma I reckon is inside the star, where temperatures evaporate matter, but pressure keeps it sold, or at least fluid.

That is the general principle.

Well, in high-school we had to do some interdisciplinary projects. You know combining phisics, math, chemistry, etc. I remember some guys presented this. They talked about different types of stars, nebulae, etc.

Also, in our books at school there were lessons about this, in the early years. You know, the earth cor made out of Fe and Ni, that is hot enough to be plasma, but because of the pressure of the sorrounding magma the core is pure solid. That care of Fe and Ni acts as an electromagnet, generatic Earth's magnetic field.

You know, the asteroid belt that separates the small rock-based, inner planets from the gas giants has HUGE quantities of Fe and Ni. It is believed that there was once a planet that suffered a catastrophe and desintegrated.