American justice

Actually it would make Canadians North Americans.

People from the USA are often referred to as Americans. I mistyped and forgot the s in Americans. Sorry for the confusion.

I should have said the Bush government to be most direct, and possibly some American corporations.

It's also possible that the marine had fairly decent political connections -- the man was assigned to embassy, for Pete's sake. Either those connections, or possibly the marine's family whose also well-connected, demanded his immediate removal.

I wasn't paying much attention at the time this happened.

It was quite a turmoil, though.

Of course we're pissed off that they flew him straight away. He should be judged as any other person that provokes an accident. And as he provoked that accident on Romanian soil, then he has to be judged on Romanian soil.

Someone said that there sure are romanians in USA screwing around. Well, I'm sure of that, but they aren't Embassy Personnel. We're not complaining about all those americans that come here for "buissness", buying factories extremeley cheap, and then leave them in ruins, destroying the workers' income place. I chose only the economical aspect.

Now, really, if I go to USA as an Embassy Official, I can kill "accidentaly" anyone, and then fly right back home, and they can't touch me? I mean the americans. Interesting...

Diplomatic immunity is very strict. The host state cannot start a procedure against an ambassador or support personel if he has committed a crime. Probably not many of you have heard of this one:

In 1984, there was a demostration in London against Libya. From the embassy, the Libyans shot at the demostrants. A British police officer died as a result.

What did Britain do? They cut all diplomatic relations with Libya, forcing the embassy personel to leave the country. Diplomatic immunity is one of the fundaments of international law and should be taken strictly, no matter how harsh it may seem.

Do you mean Americans or America? the second would not in my mind make sense coming from a Canadian as Canada is on the American contient- which makes Canadians Americans.

:O

I'll be American when the term is linked to the continent, but in the meantime and in my limited understanding, the term was coined as the US OF America got the politicians consider that they were representing the whole continent as directing this sphere of influence.