Doom 3 V Half-Life 2

Dunenewt

Far Cry was really, and I mean really, good, but I expect Doom3 to be better.

I found the single player campaiign in Half-Life most entertaining and fun, so I also expect Half-Life 2 to be very good.

I don't know how to arrange them... :P

I always thought that half life had a really dull campaign, it was just: Go here, flick the switch, shoot some baddies, jump on a box, shoot some baddies, press a button, shoot some baddies, go to another world, shoot some baddies. :

I quite liked HL's single player missions.  They might not be very cerebral, but they're a hell of a lot more interesting than many of its contemporaries.  There were also a number of places where there would be multiple ways of getting past a sticky situation.  Nothing major, but it was still a very very good game.

Personally, I think one of the first "thinker" FPS' is Deus Ex (I know it's a cross between an RPG, but I consider it more of an FPS).  Major plot changes weren't that often affected until the ending, but there were a lot of little areas with NPC's where you could change things later on in the game, like with the owner of the 'ton.  There were also a lot of places where you could choose between a gung-ho style of play, or a stealthy way of getting through a problem.  Do you multitool a keypad, pick a service hatch, hack a computer to find the passcode, or just blow the door of its hinges with a well-placed LAM?

Indeed. Deus Ex is easily the best game ive ever played. Finished it 5 times now, and every time, ive found a new path.

Personally, im waiting for Half Life 2 more than Doom 3. HL2 was supposed to be released last year, was it not?