PlanetSide

Nyarlathotep

Anyone playing it ? If so, are you in an outfit ?

Any comments on the game itself ?

i have been debating for awhile on whether or not to buy this game... i hear its great and fun... but i also heard the downtime is bad... meaning you cant do anything without a group... and the problem is that you can spend all day looking for a group....i heard you can literally wait hours for a group to form....... which would seem irritating.

whats your take on this nyar?

Humm, haven't had that problem to much myself. Usually when I get on, some of my Outfit buddies are on, so I do not have that problem often. However, when there's no one online, I usually send a broadcast asking for any available squads.

A good tip with this is to add some people to your buddy list who you see online frequently (usually you can see them doing a global broadcast).

A few good people to add:

Night

Justinalot

Braveheart

Beckbond

And obviously everyone from the GameHeaven outfit ;D

Those are online frequently and are usually in a squad (or platoon).

The game is great fun, just imagine yourself in the middle of a 200 vs 200 battle... I'll try to put up some screenies when I get home :)

Nope, not as far as I am aware. Although, there is a difference in range and position. When you're far away, you'll do less (if any) damage then when you're up close (apart from the sniper rifle).

Also, when you move a lot, you'll be less acurate and thus doing less damage. When you're in crouch mode, you'll be more acurate then when standing up. With automatic weapons, you'll do better when giving short bursts, instead of holding down the button until your clip is empty.

So no hitboxes, but you have to consider you're weapon before you start shooting.

Looks like our hard drive on the server is messing up. We lost a bunch of messages because of it, I think since Sunday of last week.

We should be getting a new hard drive soon but the server will be up and down until its fixed.

IMO the expansion was ok but not great. the new weapons are good but there's only 3, the vehicles rock but there's only 3 (a new plane would be nice) the vcaverns rock but I hardly see a battle there, but over all the expansion gets an 8/10 from me, POS gets a 9.5/10 from me