Defective Children?

I simply stated a fact. You're inferring much more than what I have stated.

i am simply stating a fact too

@dust_scout:  your name had an underscore last time i was here and since Dust Scout is a unit in Emperor that you do not own the IP rights for - i shall not refer to you as "Dust Scout" until you provide me with the proper legal documents stating you have express written consent from EA for the rights to the name "Dust Scout"

hey nav dont compare dust scout to hitler, nobody on this site deserves it and dust is a cool guy.

I do agree though that saying that since a baby in the womb is not legally human, that you can kill it. How many tyrants have used that kind of debate in order to kill millions. Never mix laws with ethics. It is dangerous and leads to insensitivity among other things.

Because Jews aren't completely depndant on somebody else's body for survival.  If you woke up one day in a hospital with somebody attached to your kidney, would you sit there and take it against your will or would want the docs to remove the other guy from your kidney, knowing that he'll die?

It doesn't matter whether or not you think a fetus is a baby is a human.  It's completely immaterial.  What does matter is the right to control your own body.

Nonetheless, it's not officially Westwood's, is it? *Sigh* You're just being pig-headed now. How about 'Dust?' Shorthand, not often used in Emperor context, generally used to describe a substance which is mostly dead skin cells, can you find anything wrong with that?

it is equally ludicrous for you to use insane catch phrases in an attempt to justify the murder that you are advocating for: of human children

@nyar:  i really do not see how me sticking up for the lives of babies and being ANTI-MURDER is being stupid.   

It's not your opinion that makes you stupid, as I have said before. It is your method of expressing it.

In any case, why do we need to justify ourselves to you? I don't know about the others but I see no need to justify myself. I'm just expressing an opinion. Besides which, what's the big difference between a human child and the child of any other species? For the first few moths they look identical and they're about as sentient as each other.

There are far too many humans around at the moment anyway. What's a few more or less?

human life has a value more than the life of anything else since humans are superior.  humans are the prize of God's creation.

yes there are too many humans right now, but the solution to that is not to butcher innocent babies to death.

if you're gonna kill somebody, then you should be killing sinful individuals who DESERVE to die.  babies have done nothing wrong.    their only misfortune lies in the fact that may happen to have been stuck with a murdering whore of a mother who has no qualms about cutting her own child apart piece by piece while they are still alive and breathing.

murdering another human has nothing to do with "controlling your own body"

if i swung a knife in the air and it happened to connect with you and kill you, i could not say "i have a right to control my own body and that's is all i was doing by swinging the knife, therefore i am not guilty of murdering you" - that would be ludicrous

it is equally ludicrous for you to use insane catch phrases in an attempt to justify the murder that you are advocating for: of human children

Don't dodge my question.  Like I said before, if you woke up in a hospital cleaining somebody else's blood with your kidney, a process that would be necessary for, say, nine months, would you lie there and take it against your will, or would you have it stopped, effectively and actively killing the person that needed your kidney to survive?

Which one, Nav?  If the former, then I'll call up the Kidney Foundation and register you as a donor.  If the latter, then by your own logic, you would be a murderer.

Babies have the potential to be human and in the same way they have the potential to be evil. Might as well remove a percentage and take a little bit more evil out of the future world.

so then if i proved to you how you yourself are evil, would you then kill yourself?

No, because I personally don't think 'evil' exists. It's just a moral term, not a definate fact. Like calling something 'good.' It's a matter of opinion.

How would you describe Hitler? I think he is evil...

That's right, as an empirical or logical fact, evil does not exist. Neither does good. Both are terms that depend entirely on the person using them.

I personally would say that Hitler was discriminatory, thoughtless, possibly cruel, overambitious... but I hesitate to use words like 'evil' because they do not mean anything beyond opinion.

IMO Hitler would not consider himself evil but a saviour of the german people.

Morally it must be wrong to take another life and by devaluing life we become a less moral society. Doctors make mistakes!

Abortion is an emotive thing and ultimately any decission should be down to the parent. Other speices abort terminate their young, so only the strongest and fitess survive. Mankind break that basic survival trait because to survive we need to co operate and function as a unit, this promotes greater caring for our offspring than most other speices.

That won't work. Just look at the two biggest wars in history (World Wars 1 and 2 for those of you with faulty neuron connections). They indirectly brought about an increase in the world's population.

Killing people will never be the answer, besides which so many people have problems with it on 'ethical grounds.' So the simplest things to do isn't take life, but stop there being any life in the first place.

In other words, birth control.

That won't work. Just look at the two biggest wars in history (World Wars 1 and 2 for those of you with faulty neuron connections). They indirectly brought about an increase in the world's population.

Killing people will never be the answer, besides which so many people have problems with it on 'ethical grounds.' So the simplest things to do isn't take life, but stop there being any life in the first place.

In other words, birth control.

i dunno if birth control will help...