Harkonnens

Darkon

I think a brain-dead monkey could beat the default AI, maybe even you as well! (lol just kidding ;))

lol! Gimme 7 ixian infiltrators and the AI is toast in 2 mins ;D

AI just sends troops randomly and the only effect are free chevrons for my devastators ;D

But now back on topic...

Gimme some GOOD and NEW harks tips and I'll belive you ;)

I love the harkonnen theory and politics but... i think they are a total crap I don't know but i think they're forces are sooo weak example: inkvine too weak firepower,rocket tank hp like my granny,devastator 6cm per hour,assault tank 6m per hour,flame tank (why the hell is there a flame tank and inkvine???) that's the problem of harkonnens> if someone can help me out i would be very grateful ;D and also they have a BRUTAL DISADVANTAGE THEY CAN'T REPAIR THEY'RE TANKS

indeed their weakness is appalling >:( their missile tanks are way to slow to recharge and even a mongoose can outrange them (basicly). their inkvine tank is also very innacurate, but the most annoying about the harks is the following:

I train 7/10 flame infantry and 10/20 troopers and put them on infantry rock, then 1 ordos chemical trooper comes by, and the flamers go attack. result: 1 dead chem trooper and 6 dead flamers and 15 dead troopers.

the friggin flamers burn their own infantry to death, (not to speak about the appalling pathetic sounds they make when they die)

and whats up with the narrating bitch

unit lost, duh and you think that I don't see that

also 2 laser tanks come to attack, they attack a turret, then 3/5 rocket tanks destroy them but after 7 seconds the bitch says: the base is under attack.

if that bitch needs to annoy me, then at least let her be more punctional when warning for attacks/sandworms >:(

Missile tanks are realy good. They can deal an incredible amount of damage in one burst. Taking down a complete minotaurus. The missile tank works best with support form assaults and stuff, but if you micro it well it can fight realy well on it's own.

Don't send flamer infantry in close groups, but spread out formations vs. superior enemy numbers. This way they will wreak havoc. Oh.. and don't put your flamer infantry in the middle of the other infantry...

Yes exactly. That is the mistake we made in the beginning... we used them as dune2's missile tanks... But their range is actually not that bad. It cannot beat the mino or kobra range, but it's firepower is incredible. send an assault tank and a missile tank in and if you do it right you let the assault tank take the hits, while the missile tank takes down the most powerful armored enemies in no time.

I still think it won't do

what the harks need is a fast moving 'long' range accurate quick to reload anti tank/building tank wich may be quite expensive for all that it can do. and the inkvines need either more splash damage or more accuracy.

btw assault tanks are weak >:( they are slow ass hell, are not very agile and don't have a rotatable gun. they are quit expensive for what they are intended to do.

I know you'll probably say go join the ordos and use laser tanks ::) but I'm talking about the harks here. the only thing the assault tanks are good at is crushing infantry. and fighting light tanks (dusties/ sandbikes etc) ::)

The assault are really strong, but only when they reach their target, which due to their slowness,unmanovrability, and REALLY short range happens rarely.

Even the slower mongoose can destroy it exploiting their movable turrets, not to mention lasers.

lol and their price and build time is even higher than its much more versatile and useful counterparts.

Put 1 missle tank on enemy spice and protect it for a while, ur enemy wont have money in no time.

assault tanks are very strong if used well.

Inkivines are very good, u just need them in large numbers(10-20), they are good against slow units(mino, cobra, mongoose). Its alll about how u use ur units, maybe Hark isnt the house for u, if u are havin problem playing them, then firts try to get better with ordos and atr and after that u ll know enough to get better with hark.

When I play Atreides I feel like im cheating

With Ordos is quite fair.

But if you want challenge go for Harkonnen!

Atreides have no "decoration units", like saboteur or flamers. I find this offensive. In the next patch( ;D) I want the Airdrone replaced with a 2500 solaris sucide unit that does no damage, a vehicle with more firepower than a Deva, but with 1/4 of his range,1/2 of his speed, and that cannot be picked up by carryalls, and an artillery unit with unlimited range that takes 45 shots to kill a scout and cant target vehicles and buildings.

Im sure you top players will find a way to say that they are useful ;)

K Terenas77 just post me wenn u ll be online and we can play, u take atr and I let u grow strong, u may choose my house, then I will prove u that its ALL ABOUT THE PLAYER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Trust me, if my connection wasnt so expensive and crappy I would accept this challenge.

I had few online experiences, but from that few Ive learned that a good mix of atreides+fremen is unstoppable. The only win I got with Hark was aganist an ordos who massed Kobras and mortars all around the base, quickly killed by Gunshps and Deva drop.

I know, probably you'll win, this is assured, but you will have MUCH HARDER times if I choose atreides instead of Harkonnen.

Anyway, reading the various topics of this forum I see that most of you are Atreides players. Check the "Funny experiences" thread. Most of the replies are: "I was ATR and I had xx minos..."

This is sad. :-

K Terenas77 just post me wenn u ll be online and we can play, u take atr and I let u grow strong, u may choose my house, then I will prove u that its ALL ABOUT THE PLAYER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Trust me, if my connection wasnt so expensive and crappy I would accept this challenge.

I had few online experiences, but from that few Ive learned that a good mix of atreides+fremen is unstoppable. The only win I got with Hark was aganist an ordos who massed Kobras and mortars all around the base, quickly killed by Gunshps and Deva drop.

I know, probably you'll win, this is assured, but you will have MUCH HARDER times if I choose atreides instead of Harkonnen.

Anyway, reading the various topics of this forum I see that most of you are Atreides players. Check the "Funny experiences" thread. Most of the replies are: "I was ATR and I had xx minos..."

This is sad. :-

Terenass u are forgetting that a atr needs time to get strong, in a normal game I would constantly be attacking u, I wont give u a second rest or any time to grown strong, but in my chalange I sayd I would let u grow strong becuz u think a mix off mino + fremn is unstopable. If u cant beat an trong atr then that doesnt means atr is to strong that means U ARE TOO WEAK TO BEAT A STRONG ATR!!!

If I will have a harder time beating u with atr then with ordos or hark then that doesnt means atr is a better house then ordos or hark, it just means that U are better with atr then with ordos or hark. Dont u get it ITS ALL ABOUT THE PLAYER!!!!!!! how many times do I have to repeat this before u will undertstand?