Alternative to Emperor

pr

I'm an addicted to Emperor, however i've become tired of playing the same game for so long.

Can you point me to an alternative to Emperor, same type of game, great 3D graphics, great story ?

Thanks

pr

Thanks.

I've also ran out of Dune 2000, before Emperor, and i'm looking for sci-fi kind of story.

I've tried Empire earth and Earth 2150 and although Empire Earth is pretty good none of them compare to Emperor, IMO.

Any other sugestion are appreciated.

It would have been great if we could play Dune Generations. :'(

:) Thanks

pr

Is it just me or does dune 2k feel like it has more of that dune quality than emperor? when i played dune 2k i was more addicted to it than when i played emperor, i also think the soundtrack of dune2k fit the game perfectly, emperors soundtrack was good, it described the houses but there was not much of that dune quality in it. i know this is off topic but i wanted to add this and didnt want create an extra topic

Wut i like about Dune2k is that u make huges armys $hitlodas o' tanks and stuff, and troopers. I like those massive battles, everyone having 2-3 expos, like a friggin empire. In emp u can win with 1 lazer tank ...

Heheh if you like that kinda thing you should try Emp Xtreme... :D

The thing with mods is that ure only one having the mod, u cant find another player with the mod, not mention playing it all the time instead of regular. So u see i could try the mod but ill end up playing it single player .... wich i dont want.

I stopped because of lack of time. Plus, I couldn't get a combat tank with a proper rotating turret. Believe it or not, Emperor has no tanks with rotating turrets. Barrels can be made to rotate, but without the turret, it just looks silly.

hello all... just joined, first post...

along the alternative lines, i know it's not sci-fi, but Total War has got some good stuff going on... i've played "Shogun: Total War" in and out, and have to say it is a truly magnificent piece of work... quite different from any Dune game, but loaded with historical relevance, tons of background info, and really nice battlefield graphics... "Medieval: Total War" is the latest, soon to be followed by "Rome: Total War"... i'm not that familiar with Medieval, but i can't recommend Shogun highly enough...

interestingly, i see a common thread between Dune 2K > Emperor and Shogun > Medieval... in both cases, the newer games (Medieval and Emperor) *look* better (better 3D, better graphics in general), but both seem to have lost a "little something" in the process... i agree with Duncan_Ghola to this end; Dune 2K seemed to have more of that "Dune feel" to it than Emperor, even though Emperor is leaps and bounds above its predecessor in almost every other aspect... imagine Dune 2K with the graphics of Emperor; now that would be one helluva game!

regards,

Maneo227

BTW: Duncan_Ghola, your sig has been killing me... it's Soundgarden isn't it? maybe from "Down on the Upside"? just curious...

Believe it or not, Emperor has no tanks with rotating turrets.

Laser tank,mongoose and deviator... ;)
Barrels can be made to rotate, but without the turret, it just looks silly.
Wow!You want a really realistic game?OMG!You are becoming just as serious as nav!J/K. :D

Since you are into sci-fi RTS,I reccomend Starcraft. 8)