Why were Ordos put into the dune series of games?

paul_of_arrakis

Atreides with mroe votes than Harkonnen?  that doesn't seem right.  The Harkonnens hold more fiefs, have more money, have a larger population, have CHOAM directorships.  The only thing the Atreides really ahve is the fact that they are blood related tot he emperor.

Ahh but the atriedes are older then house harkonnen. they are one of the first founded houses under the emperor

Yeah, but the criteria for votes as listed earlier in this thread does not include age.

Where from did you get the fact that Atreides are older than Harkos? Both took place in the Bjihad...

Who knows why westwood took Ordos ::) I think they liked it's name - ( Ordos - Orda - The golden ords of Genghis Khan...)  Anyway westwood could add much more Houses ( The lack of fantasy...) like in the Cossacks... ::)

I dont know exactly why, that was the question i submitted to ask joe bostic. But recently i learned

that in the dune encyclopedia (a 3rd party book) there is a list of the houses of the landsraad and ordos is in there. Brian and frank herbert dont use the book as a reference instead using their own personal notes.

And now for something completly different!

according to the new dune prequel series the atreides were extremly loyal to the corrino family fighting along side them of the battle of corrin (when the corrinos became imperial)  at this battle the harkonnen were considered traitors.

what  i dont understand is that the harkonnen are a member of the houses major and atreides are minor...I guess nice guys finish last

Have ever read about the batle of corrin in Dune III Mush? - When the fleet of the Landsraad lost it's conection because of the solar storm, Harko leader (with no orders) moved his fleet into a safer position behind the Atreides and the Atreides leader (with no orders) along with the Corrino moved his frigates into the direct atack and they won...  Why are the harkos cowards? :-/

Have ever read about the batle of corrin in Dune III Mush? - When the fleet of the Landsraad lost it's conection because of the solar storm, Harko leader (with no orders) moved his fleet into a safer position behind the Atreides and the Atreides leader (with no orders) along with the Corrino moved his frigates into the direct atack and they won...