Dune2K - High Resolution

CCHyper

it great work! thank you!

i used D2K-HRpatch-1.0.exe -w 1024,4096 -h 768,4096 to patched it.but i can't use the "repair"  icon and something else.

I'm patching only the high resolution and other fixes (crashes, etc.). Use the patch from Sardaukar which adjusts the UI coordinates (it incorporates my patch on top of his).

http://forum.dune2k.com/topic/19636-dune2k-high-resolution/page-15#entry380752

EDIT: Has anyone tried patching any other langauge of D2K?

I tried to patch the german version.

Installed it from CD on a virtual WinXp, patched to 1.06 with the official patch, copied it to Win7, changed RESOURCE.CFG to get the CD detected.

The patch of N.Kindt worked fine (even for 2560*1440)

Screenshot here: http://picturepush.com/public/13112914

The Script of D2k Sardaukar didn't work:

Main Menu (1920*1080): http://picturepush.com/public/13113161

The Menu is in English now, but that's ok.

No Mission Select?

No background?

When playing a mission, it looks like without patch

I probably won't play it with 2560*1440 but nethertheless: the script of D2k Sardaukar didn't patch it:

Dune 2000 High Resolution Patch v1.3
Supported resolutions:

1.      640x480
2.      800x600
3.      1024x768
4.      1152x864
5.      1280x720
6.      1280x768
7.      1280x800
8.      1280x960
9.      1280x1024
10.     1600x900
11.     1600x1024
12.     1600x1200
13.     1920x1080
14.     1920x1200
15.     1920x1440
16.     2560x1440
17.     1440x900

Enter resolution number: 16
Need a number between 1 and 17!

Enter resolution number:

Installed it from CD on a virtual WinXp, patched to 1.06 with the official patch, copied it to Win7, changed RESOURCE.CFG to get the CD detected.

Damn. Never seen it on 2560x1440, looks good. Thanks for testing! The tooltip "Unrevealed terrain" is in english though?

@Sardaukar - You probably took my earlier code with a hardcoded 15. I adjusted that line 2 days ago to i > len(resolutions). Check post 370.

The "Unrevealed Terrain" is English because of the mission-select patch.

I already tested an earlier version of your HD-patch (the one with the --workaround option) without mission-select and everything was still in German.

Seems that the dune2000.dat has no influence on the language.

The language is in text.uib, like any other string, so it wont affect that. The mission select mod contains a modified english text.uib, so that's why once u apply that to the game language changes.

The Script of D2k Sardaukar didn't work:

Main Menu (1920*1080): http://picturepush.com/public/13113161

The Menu is in English now, but that's ok.

No Mission Select?

No background?

When playing a mission, it looks like without patch

I probably won't play it with 2560*1440 but nethertheless: the script of D2k Sardaukar didn't patch it:

First of all, thanks for reporting problems.

The index bug is fixed in version 1.3.1.

The strange resolution you get probably happens when you patch a Dune 2000 game that was patched before with not my patcher. That also causes the background images not to fit with the strange resolution you get. Please make sure you are using a fresh Dune 2000 (the mission select mod is allowed by the way). The fact that the N.Kindt patch on it's own works means that my patch will also work, I use the exact same N.Kindt patch but I also adjust cosmetics. So getting a strange resolution is because you patched a dune2000.dat file that was not OK.

The changing menu to English has nothing to do with my patch, simply because it does nothing with language file (text.uib). You probably installed the mission select mod.

Please download version 1.3.1 and use the patch on a 'fresh' game. Try highest resolution and post the image you get. Thanks. download link

Damn. Never seen it on 2560x1440, looks good. Thanks for testing! The tooltip "Unrevealed terrain" is in english though?

@Sardaukar - You probably took my earlier code with a hardcoded 15. I adjusted that line 2 days ago to i > len(resolutions). Check post 370.

Ai, that one slipped past my radar. The code seemed to work and I kinda just accepted it, next time I'm gonna check it better. :)

This happens when I use your patch with a fresh installed game (Version 1.02):
post-52478-0-34941100-1369118312_thumb.p
Same result, if I patch to 1.06 before.
When I made these screenshots, they all had a resolution of 640*480.
Running N.Kindts patch on a new installed game cases an error when trying to start the game:
Der Prozedureinsprungpunkt "" wurde in der DLL "mss32.dll" nicht gefunden.

Procedure entry "" in the DLL "mss32.dll" was not found (translated by me)

For the 2560*1440 I used some other patch(es), but i can't remember which one it was :(
Sorry, I know that isn't helpful.

post-52478-0-34941100-1369118312_thumb.p

Running N.Kindts patch on a new installed game cases an error when trying to start the game:

For the 2560*1440 I used some other patch(es), but i can't remember which one it was :(

My patch requires version 1.06 exclusively. Since the patch changes the execution logic and variables of Dune 2000 at specific offsets for any other version it will patch CPU instrcutions on the wrong address and render the exe useless.

Thanks again for testing!

That's the DUNE2000.DAT in the german version: http://www.2shared.com/file/kbf7nVUY/DUNE2000.html (v1.06)

probably the same as you have.

Maybe I'll buy an english version and patch that.

As I only have the german version, I can't say if there are any differences except in the language but one question occured when playing a campaign mod: the readme told me to replace the missions folder, but the missions are only on CD. Are missions copied on the HD in english version?

I think the patch is not working because you have the german version of Dune 2000. I can see that the background image for the playscreen isn't updated and that is probably because you don't have UI_ENG.R16, but something like UI_GER.R16. I can fix that problem, but I think you still need an english dune2000.dat file for it to work.

I am getting a 'MSVCR100.dll is missing' message when I run D2k Sardaukar's patch. Does anyone know which of the following I should install in WinXp to rectify - Visual C++ 2005 or 2008 or Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 or 2010?

Last changed 1998?

Damn it, I didn't run the patch in cmd, so I didn't see the error message:

Enter resolution number: 16
2560x1440

Working on AACCT.TGA
Working on CREDITS.TGA
Working on DUNEMAP.TGA
Working on DUNEMAP2.TGA
Working on HACCT.TGA
Working on HOUSE_SE.TGA
Working on MULTIUI.TGA
Working on OACCT.TGA
Working on PICTBOOK.TGA
Working on SCOREMP.TGA
Working on SCOREUI.TGA
Working on WOLLOBY.TGA
Working on WOLLOB.TGA
Working on Title.TGA
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Python33\lib\site-packages\cx_Freeze\initscripts\Console3.py", line 27, in <module>
  File "d2k_patch.py", line 65, in <module>
  File "d2k_MAP_fix.py", line 17, in func
FileNotFoundError: [WinError 3] Das System kann den angegebenen Pfad nicht finden: '../missions\\*.*'

system can't find the following path: ../missions\\*.* - yes, this folder only exists on CD in german version

after copying on harddisk:

Working on O3V2.MAP
Working on O4V1.MAP
Working on .uil files
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Python33\lib\site-packages\cx_Freeze\initscripts\Console3.py", line 27, in <module>
  File "d2k_patch.py", line 66, in <module>
  File "d2k_UIL_fix.py", line 115, in func
TypeError: sequence item 1: expected str instance, list found

when patching with N.Kindt's script I get this file: http://www.2shared.com/file/0ujqo8Zc/DUNE2000_2560x1440.html

You really don't have to do all that work only for very few players using this version. Had a look at ebay, the game itself is cheaper than shipping it to me.

I am getting a 'MSVCR100.dll is missing' message when I run D2k Sardaukar's patch. Does anyone know which of the following I should install in WinXp to rectify - Visual C++ 2005 or 2008 or Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 or 2010?

None. You just need 2008 redistributable pack and 2010 redistributable pack.

@e: I can't download from 2 shared. Can you upload directly into your post?

Thanks for the wonderful patches, N.KindtD2k Sardaukar!

To D2k Sardaukar:

However, I have a problem. The game is fully playable, but there are some issues with menu, campaign interface and so on. I've read the whole topic, but could not find the solution. I feel like I missed something. Could you please help me?

I am using fresh 1.06 UK game and version 1.3.1 of your patch. See screenshot and patched/non-patched files in the attachments for the details.

Also I might be able to help with compiling python script into the single executable. I see that you are using Python 3.3. Which tool you are using for packaging currently?

post-52612-0-32687400-1369146476_thumb.j

1280x720_report.zip

the button not in the center ! can i fixed it?  1024*768 and 1280*1024

[image]

It looks like the .uil files are not updated. Did you get an error while patching? Did the patch say "PATCHING COMPLETE"? Please try again with a fresh/new English version of Dune 2000, for now that's the only known working one.

@e: Please upload your patched german 1.06 .DAT here. I will check if my patch is compatible with the german D2K version.

@Sardaukar: Why does your patch look for DUNE2000.EXE?

It's looking for DUNE2000.EXE so the patch knows it's in the right location.

I had a look at the resized maps: (2560*1440)

as you can see, the top of the map is on the bottom now and the old bottom is gone.

When trying to play the map, it says "your mission is failed".

That's some strange stuff. I'm gonna check it out. Found the bug. Will update patch.

I think you should download this English patched version that also has mission select mod and try to hi-res patch it, it should work. It would be nice if Gruntmods has just a zipped version and not this installer thing, but oh well...

Sorry, I can't:

You aren't permitted to upload this kind of file

As you used this filehoster I assume you can download from there:

http://www.filedropper.com/dune20002560x1440

Try to zip it first.

@N.Kindt: I think it would be wise to only support the English version of Dune 2000. There are all these little differences between the versions. Or are there only two language versions of Dune 2000? That would certainly lower the amount of testing/work.

@Sardaukar: Made an update to check for data integrity and size. If you want you can use this one by passing --test_checksum switch. The patch will only check for the data and return. Return code is -5 on failure which you can use to warn people that it might not work out because of size/checksum mismatch but they can still try to (i.e. changes from previous patch). Checksum is taken from vanilla 1.06 US version.

p.s. Currently reinstalling Windows and don't have MSVC at hand. This one is compiled with GCC 4.7.1 (-march=i386 -Os -s). File size is bigger but it won't need MSVC redistributables any longer (i.e. can be used on a freshly installed XP without problems).

p.s. The filename of the patch must not contain any '-' (minus) due to how GCC works internally with commandlines.

EDIT: Checksum is taken from vanilla 1.06 US version (d2k106us.exe).

D2K_HRpatch_1.1.zip

Edited by N.Kindt