OMF 2097 Robots

lowzeewee

Flail is good but I find it difficult to use its special moves because I don't know the keys for them.

Pyros is fantastically powerful but too sluggish.

Jaguar is all-rounded and not too powerful.

Nova's rockets can crush all sorts of enemies.

I like the Jaguar most, mainly because i fought best with it and the finishing moves were the easiest afar.

Man, i spent nights to practice all finishing moves and get to the secret bosses...

Yes,its a 3D version of it with only 8 robots and many pilots with different advantages in Endurance,Agility,Focus and Strength I think.Focus is a new addition to the game.In the robot section,5 out of 8 are old robots from OMF:2097-Gargoyle,Chrono,Jaguar,Pyros and Katana.While in the pilots section,only a few of the old pilots remain-Ibrahim,Steffan and a few others-how I wished Shirro was still in there for his incredible crushing strength :O.Most of the robots now have A LOT of visual details and super weapons but some of their old techniques like Jaguar Leap :),Concussion Cannon ;) and Overhead Throw :D are still in there.

Now back to OMF:2097.I remembered one pilot using his jaguar against my flail and clutching me and flinging me WHILE IN THE AIR,and I smashed on the floor with quite a load of damage.

• 2 weeks later...

Well. I like the Jaguar. All those Overhead Throws helped me pretty well.

And what do you think of the triple Conussion Cannon? (You get it as bonus when beat an unranked challenger)

I was trying to complete all robots on Heavy Metal and get their armor etc. full.

That way I discovered one very powerfull robot.

Shredder... Once you get some speed with it, and you succeeded in hitting the enemy once, you can continue with a 7-hit combo. Yeah the speed!

(I believe it is spelled Chronos)

i never understood that fire and ice thing. I just finished the tournament on metal (hardest) and my bot and character are now fully upgraded. Now, no character can beat me anymore, as their stats can no longer be higher than mine, and the computer is less good in fighting skills. The only bot i still hate is the gargoyle >:( ooh, it has such nasty ANTI jaguar moves.

A good thing is that the world champion, Ian Tevaras, fights good compared too others. He is the best not only because of the most upgrades.

You know 1-player mode, right?

Well, you can do a scrap and a destruction move after you have defeated your opponent (won the match, not the round) this works also in tourney.

You can find somewhere on internet the key combination for these moves, or a program to make them easier.

When you do these moves, your bot will move after the victory and scrap and/or destroy the enemy's both. Like Flail will knock the enemy's bot to the wall.

These are 2 moves. 1 move to start the scrap move, and when you are busy with that, to the second, the destruction move.

In 1-player mode, while destructing the bot, you can do a 3rd move, and that way you will create an entrance to the fire and ice arena's (first fire, then ice) This only works in the fire arena (you know, with those flames coming from out of the ground)

Pyros is good actually, that attack out of the air is quite effective.

And Nova can be real fast, and you can make perfect combo's!

I noticed a bug which can be exploited:

When you use the Shadow Grab with Shadow while the other bot is resting/unconscious (you know, the endurance bar is empty)

And then do an attack move to the bot, the bot is hit, but it still has an empty endurance bar. So you can do this all the time. And the enemy doesn't has a chance.

Very sick and cheap.

Another tip: Press these buttons at the same time, while fighting in the arena, B+I+G+9 (or a lower number). And see what happens :D