Best RTS

lowzeewee

CC Generals. More strategic the WC3(that whole system revolves around heroes) and less pansy/turn based the Rise of Nations. But I'm a mere gallible mortal and know nothing of your preferences(though Generals is a lot like Emperor, if that counts.) ;)

Well, Generals is in no way like Emperor whatsoever and with good reason as it's made by entirely different people with an entirely different user-interface. At first it seems pretty crap but eventually it grows on you... kinda. Total annihilation is dated but a really awesome game and there are loads of new units available and single player is always challenging and fun. Warcraft 3 is fun but nothing special and won't last you a long time; Just now and again when you want to play a build stuff really quick, get a good hero and kill everyone type game. Your computer is good enough to run any of the above games but in the case of Generals it might not be very fast or reliable.

well, for your computer Generals is not a good idea. Warcraft 3 will run fine though.

As for galactic battlegrounds, the game is pretty nice, but can be considered a well done mod for age of empires 2, and i recommend it only if you like star wars.

Total Annihilation (or in my opinion even better TA: Kingdoms) are very good games and will run fine on your computer. And like apollyon said, you can download a LOT of additional units of good quality.

Why not upgrade your graphic card?

You could play very mane games with a new one.

(Maybe your card is built-in, but there's quite good and cheap pci cards too)

I am using a laptop and this isn't my own laptop,its my dad's company laptop. :-[

Let's do a round of elimination......I might not get an RTS game

1)SW:GB->Compatible,my computer and GC[Graphics Card] meet the requirements

2)WC3->Not really compatible,my GC is just 0.5MB below but hack,I don't wanna take the risk of wasting my $$$

3)Civ3->Dunno the system requirements but its really crappy,as in not much action and its turn-based >:(

4)RoN->My GC is totally way out..... :O

5)Generals->Not really compatible,I don't wanna take the risk of wasting my $$$

6)AOE2->Compatible but this is an old game and I tried it before somewhere but its not really fun after all.

7)AoM->Its not compatible...

8)Starcraft 2->Dunno?

9)Enter the Matrix->Dunno? :D

10)TA->Compatible.Flameweaver described it to me as if it were alive,whoa! :O

Just go the bargain bin at your local game store. If it is less than $10 it will probably run on your system. Like Nyar said, read the system requirements on the box to be sure. I bought the Starcraft Battle chest years ago for $19.99 and I think that is still the price for that. You get both games plus strategy books for both. It is well worth the price. The bargain bin is a great place to find some old gems and considering your PC is way behind the power curve for modern gaming (mostly because of the graphics chip) I would suggest staying with games that do not require 3D acceleration (like Starcraft, Age of Empires 2, Red Alert 2, Civ 3, etc). Since you are running on a laptop you can't upgrade easily (or at all in most cases).

i'd say

Age of Empires 2

Galactic Battlegrounds

Starcraft (Brood War)

Total Annihilation

Total Annihilation Kingdoms

those 3 are games that will run fine on your computer and are a lot of fun.

i'd say

Age of Empires 2

Galactic Battlegrounds

Starcraft (Brood War)

Total Annihilation

Total Annihilation Kingdoms

those 3 are games that will run fine on your computer and are a lot of fun.

Well now it's either TAK or Starcraft....