Generals, it is time.

Apollyon

Also, I intend to get the real generals system working, you know the one that was promised but never actually ended up in the final cut. You'll be able to choose from a selection of generals to command each side. In a way I suppose this will make up for the lack of sub-houses.

Glad to hear it.

So is ours now.

Atreides and ordos infantry coding is pretty much complete and Anders... says he's going to get going with models... says... ;)

Another thing of note is that the devastator will be a tank, simply cos the big mech looks goddamn awful.

OK some ground rules for INI editors:

Ratios between generals and emperor

Health: 1:3.3

Speed: 4:1

weapon reload: convert directly, ticks=miliseconds

buldtime: convert directly, ticks=miliseconds

Range: 20:1

Damage: 1:40 (although in some cases this needs to be increased a bit).

Ok, the way I suppose this will have to work is as the following:

1) Modeller models unit plus animation and writes out animation code

2) Modeller sends model to texturer

3) Texturer textures model

4) Texturer sends textured model to INI editor

5) Modeller sends INI editor the animation code

6) INI editor writes out unit stats and checks it works

Does that seem alright to everyone?

Hey Apollyon your idea sounds really kewl. Just two points, perhaps you should cut down on the amount of Houses. So that each can be more specialized and unique.

I also wanted to say it'd be really kewl if you could give House Ix it's own side. Perhaps them and Tileaxu could go at it then. Well best of luck to you. And I love that specific generals idea, that was promised in Generals but never delivered. :)

House Vernius is house IX. Alright guys, I'm having second thoughts about this project. The main reason is.. we have no modellers... This naturally poses a fatal threat and if it continues I'll just discontinue the mod.

Thanx for clearing that up. And I hope you don't end the project. I'm sure new modelers may come eventually. But if you do, I understand. You've gone above and beyond the call the duty already. Perhaps you should just limit your scope to 4 or 5 great houses.

Anyways I'm glad you even tried and perhaps may set a precedence for the future.

Please modellers help Apollyon(who hopefully has no relation to Appolyton: a wretched hive of scum and villainy).

This is a call to duty to be part of RTS history. Perhaps not the mainstream but the more meaningful.

Apollyon perhaps you could post-pone it, waiting for more mods, without cancelling it? I mean good things come to those who wait. :) ;D

(who hopefully has no relation to Appolyton: a wretched hive of scum and villainy).

Apollyon perhaps you could post-pone it, waiting for more mods, without cancelling it? I mean good things come to those who wait. :) ;D

Ah no, no relation. I'm the fallen angel of destruction... supposedly...

Anyway, I always post-pone things, makes them seem less final. Although the post-poning of this mod may result in its demise anyway. Either way consider this mod discontinued for now unless problem-solving things arise.