Moo3 - Dune Mod - recruiting

nampigai

I was contacted by Apollyon comming up with the great idea of making a Dune mod for Master of Orion 3. We've agreed on starting ATM we're just talking on what to include etc. If anyone is interested please contact one of us or reply to this thread. All help is apriciated.

well there's offcourse also the prequals :P

and as far as time frame, we are still brain storming, but it will be around the beginning of the first novelle, well actually a little earlier, with the Harkonnen having control over Arrakis.

• 3 weeks later...

I may give a hand. I would also take a look at Galactic Civilisations as a possible structure within modding, alternatively to MOO3. They are pretty different.

I see a few harsh questions though, like:

- how to implement Dune in a world with TECHNOLOGICAL research

- how to include space travel

- etc.

• 2 weeks later...

mmh you're right Egeides...

Though Space Travel is only a question of scripting (the possibilities of the engine), so we could adopt it directly from the novels (renting guild heighliners; price depends on quantity).

In Opposition the research gives me really a headache. The Problem is , that Herbert doesn't give too much information on technology in the novels. Our Possibilites are: 1. Ripping the novels of every hint on technology we find... 2. Invent some technological advancements ourselves. We have an universe that has it's own laws, if we cling to them we don't risk unbelievability.

I know nothing about the game, but if you want anything, IM me. (Though I may not have time in the next few weeks)

That's understandable, and thankyou everyone who has pledged their support. Now I guess we just need tomake the effort to get started... :)

MoO3 is very modable Mo3 is also a load of tosh.

There are a horrendous amount of numbers but then sometimes people like this.

I have started a pure dune project inspired by MoO check out my site for details. homepage.ntlworld.com/paul_hodgson

The idea is to make this game as described in the books sort of bored of seeing people messing up Herberts work.

Good luck guys.