Is God perfect?

Humans are imperfect beings. God is suppoesedly perfect. God suppoesedly created humans, that are flawed. How can something perfect create something imperfect? Because that would mean that there was a flaw in the construction of humans, therefore saying that God's skill is not perfect, therefore saying that GOD is not perfect. Am I leaving something out?

Humans are free beings. If they were attached to good, then they wouldn't be free. It's us being free that makes the whole problem. If we would have been created enslaved, I'm not sure it would have been the best...

God is perfect...does that mean S/HE isn't free? If God isn't enslaved and is perfect, then it must be possible...

God can't be perfect, because perfect is a paradox.

If something is perfect, then it should also be able to be more perfect then it self. If that is true, then there is something more perfect, so itself isn't the most perfect anymore

Hmph. Then how could we screw up if we were perfect?

Free will. he din't make us a bunch of robots.

God can't be perfect, because perfect is a paradox.

If something is perfect, then it should also be able to be more perfect then it self. If that is true, then there is something more perfect, so itself isn't the most perfect anymore

not when you get into infinitely.

To make a long story short. God made the the earth(stars etc) then animals then adem then eve. eve sined by eating off a tree God put off limits.(they weren't starveing they had a whole garden of other things) Eve talked adem into eating off it two.

Ever since we were sinful. Sin requires a payment, so God went on the cross to pay them and if your saved(accepted his payment John 3:16) your going to heaven.

I hope it makes a little more since now. ;)

and this shows that females and snakes aren't to be trusted, damn had that fool to Adam just declined telling her he would rather have a steak we would be immortal guys.

[me=NaMpIgAi]holds up an angry fist to every Eve looking person.[/me]

Thats two they owe us for... that one and the our beer bone. If God hadn't taken our beer bone, the rib that use to cover the lower half of stomach, then we all wouldn't have these lovely beer bellies, and yet the women complain. Fine give me my bone back ^-^ but then that might leave them a lil flat or flabby rather. ;D

*CiD loosens belt scratches the giant mass he released and pops the top of another while giving the stink eye to the Eves* :D

you guys are putting limits to the little understood metaphysical reality. We use terms like "perfect" and "omnipotent" to ascribe virtues to God. A famous Rabbi during the enlightenment said it right though. God cannot be described at all in reality. We just use words because we are temporal beings. God gave us the ability to think in order to describe him and understand him to the best of our abilities.

Exactly how can words comapre to God they are just verbal invetions, or as Tolkien says "Just as a word is an invention about an object or an idea, so a story can be an invention about Truth."

Yeah TMA's right, god is so above us, that we must not try and use reason and logic to figure out how much of a phony god really is.

Definitely, god is not perfect. Nothing imperfect can come from perfection, otherwise it wouldn't be perfection. So there you have it, god created us imperfect, expected (although he knew all along what we would do) us to not eat from a juicy fruit tree, to gain knowledge.

So, god is playing us all. He knew what would happen, but still gets his panties in a bunch because he let Satan come down and trick them. He knew everything, but he did nothing, only until they did it was when he decided to do something.

Perfection can not come with free will. Impossible. So, god just wants us to feel bad about what two people did thousands and thousands of years ago. And yet, he's not done. He decides to kill everybody but one family. Can you imagine the hate that god must have had? He has an anger problem, if you ask me.

The only entity from the bible that is good is Satan. He wanted us to have knowledge, he wanted us to learn what god was keeping from us all along. Praise Satan hallelujah!

Jesus had free will and he chose to be perfect. ;)

You call it playing us when it's really a test. You can have all the knowledge now and lose your soul or you can wait and have both. Will you let your Id be satisfied and succumb to instant gratification or will you hold out and finish the race first?

Assuming Jesus was real at all, he was friggin' god! He wasn't 100% human! He was a facade, an alien in a human shell. Attack of the body clones for pete's sake!

And how do you know he had free will? If he was god, then everything was already known, and it was part of this "big plan" that people always seem to talk about. So tell me how can free will be a part of the picture?

A test? Oh brother not another test! Just like the dinosaur bones are a test of our faith? Hehehe!

I don't see how being an atheist means I will instantly become id-dominant, seeking everywhere for pleasure, and humping my neighbor's dog? I will be an atheist as a freethinker. As a man of reason and logic. Will I worship something as phony as Zeus and Jove? No. If you will, fine then. May your soul rest well in heaven while I'm burning in hell.

Because I recognize the phony balogney of your god and laugh at it. I looked god in the eye and you know what? He blinked. (Sound familiar?) But if you can't stand the hostility of my posts (which I find should not be taken seriously, they aren't even put into an hour of thought, just using common sense right now), then get out. Not for the weak-minded...

oh I can take it. it just makes you look like an idiot. and I hope you find the spiritual answers you are looking for. really important.

by the way, put some thought into your post. it mkes you look evenworse.

He was born as a man like you and me he didnt invade any bodies or snatch a scull. At any time he could have dismissed all the trials and temptaions that he went through. Yet he chose not to. He could have kept Satan from tempting him but he didnt, He didn't have to die on the cross but he did. Jesus didn't have to follow God's will but he chose of his free-will to be God's will.

Its not like are religion conterdicts the second law of thermodynamics. ::)

IMO if someone isn't willing to listen then it isn't worth the effort of looking everthing up because no answer will be sufficient and it'l just a waste of time.

Example words in his post.

"A test? Oh brother not another test!"

"he was friggin' god! He wasn't 100% human! He was a facade, an alien in a human shell. Attack of the body clones for pete's sake!"

theres a lot more in the context if you look closely.

anyways. i'm fixing a reply to the stuff. don't ask me why.

Oh ok Dj, glad we got it covered that Jesus was not god.

Sneezer, I listen, but how much are you willing to listen to religious babble about how great Jove is? And then divide it by about 10, because people still believe in the judeo-christian god. Also, there is a difference between listening, and pointing out the rediculousness of their answers.

And what does the 2nd law of thermodynamics have to do with anything?

But as long as this is getting to god's perfection, then we can continue.