Gas Turret

NetWerx1

I know you people here in the forum rate this turret as the "lamest turret ever"

However...

1.Large damage radius

2.About everything in the damage radius receives the same amount of damage

3.Long range

4.Handles inf rushes quite well because of "good number 2"

Downsides...

1. Weak armor

2. Not good against tanks

3. May kill own troops(same thing happens with flameturret"

4. Weak single shot

When I was playing an ordos mission, the ai sent mass amounts of fremen warriors to my base. I quickly queued chem troops and built a gas turret. When gas turret threw the gas the first time, no fremen died because the turret kills no inf unit within one shot(excluding troopers and scouts). However, on the second shot, 20 fremen went down choking! :D

Ken, make a new topic in newbie guide about subhouses and turrets!

I agree. But gas turrets don't work very well when defending long or sharply inclined ramps, IE most base entrances. I dunno about the rest of you, but my turrets always tend to overshoot the target, the gas canister whizzing over their heads to burst harmlessly BEHIND the attacking force. The only redeeming quality of this turret of suckitude (you can tell... I'm drinking coffee again! ;D) is it's range. ... Then again despite having a long range, the infantry specific attack, the small blast radius, and the slow-moving projectile makes not it worth building. Unless you are facing up against a suicide group of infantry. This (waste of good Windtrap space) turret is better off being a support for Pop-ups.

Mostly if it ever comes to that situation, Dust Scouts work better anyways. Mmm, Mocha...