lasgun/shield

Zopwx2

Thsoe explosions are completly unpredictable. A suicide bomber would be rpetty stupid to do this, he might end up just killing himself and no one else, or he might blow up the entire freakin planet.

TMA, sheild/lasgun explosions are not banned. They are merely dangerous because it is difficult to tell them apart from nuclear explosions.

So, effect of laser/shield contact should depend on their power. Personal shield should blow up one house, but when one un-awared Saurdakar fired on palace shield...

Power has nothing to do about it. As stated before, it is completly unpredictable.

Harkonnen: Duncan planted a shield where Harkonnen ornithopters were using lasguns, then retreated to save Paul and Jessica.

TMA, sheild/lasgun explosions are not banned. They are merely dangerous because it is difficult to tell them apart from nuclear explosions.

that is what I meant. There have been plans of that happening to push a setup on a house that it used atomics. I did not know about the unpredictability though.

Dammit none of you have answered my question! this is a glaring flaw in frank herberts vision of wwarfare!!!! One suicide lasgunner can take out huge numbers of people! and its much eaisier to send in suicied lasgunners than build an army! or maybe he is just a physco

Caid, where in the dune novels does it say it dpends on the frequency of the shield that determines the size of the explosion? Closest I can think of is when Duncan plants a shield turned up to highest frequencey. It never says that the frequnce effects the explosion. It is stated multiple times that the explosions are unpredictable.

Zop: Your question has been answered. Look up.

Caid, where in the dune novels does it say it depends on the frequency of the shield that determines the size of the explosion? Closest I can think of is when Duncan plants a shield turned up to highest frequencey. It never says that the frequnce effects the explosion. It is stated multiple times that the explosions are unpredictable.

I was thinking by thermodynamical laws. More energy you put, more it creates. But truth is that shield-laser reactions weren't many times mentioned. I remember just that one from Sardaukar assault of Arakeen.