What are your SECRET wishes? Do you want ppl to die?

Tell me Emprworm, don't you just love to piss off people? But I'll pull the fence out of my arse all right.

I believe that many Bush followers secretly hope that Saddam will nuke another country so they can say: you see we are right he have ABC weapons, we helped with some of them but he still have them.

Please all of you Bush lovers state your opinion do you have the secret wish that Saddam will kill alot of people so that the rest of the world will see he has the ABC weapons and now please be honest.

(if someone are to stupid to see the sarcasm I'll state it here: this is sarcasm)

The difference here is that emprworm is not saying that all anti-war protestors want a lot of deaths to prove Bush wrong. However you just said all Bush lovers hope Saddam uses his nukes. I agree that some may have that view but certainly not all.

Ok must have misread that. Anyway I still don't see why people are getting upset over this? There are wackos on both sides of the debate and there is no problem with saying that is so. There are a lot of screwed up people out there that would want a lot of death just to prove they are right regardless of what side they are on. The chances of them posting here are slim but it is still a valid comment.

I still find it very unfair to even think that of anyother on this forum. I agree that the world has some sick people but none of them I talk to neither on the net nor in r/l has ever said that they'ld want to see this(there's both pro and con wars among them) And I haven't seen any on the telly come with these ideas either.

Tell me Emprworm, don't you just love to piss off people? But I'll pull the fence out of my arse all right.

WOOT! Now we are getting a real "politics & religion" forum going!! This is what its all about. Not deliberately making people angry, but standing up to your opinions without apology! I offer no apologies for my opinions, and they will naturally make many people angry. That is a good thing. a bunch of happy content people in a "religion & politics" forum is a very bad sign! :)

"I agree that the world has some sick people but none of them I talk to neither on the net nor in r/l has ever said that they'ld want to see this(there's both pro and con wars among them) And I haven't seen any on the telly come with these ideas either."

Thats why it might be a secret desire. Who would admit this to someone face to face? They are much more willing to admit it anonymously on the internet. Go to the yahoo boards where they are unmoderated, and you will see that not only do ppl hope there are many deaths in the war, they hope the american soldiers get gassed. We live in a sheltered, well-moderated FED2k forum. The wolves are right outside our door! 8)

that is not a requirement to post on this forum. when i make a topic I don't ask myself "has anyone in here ever uttered that he/she whould like to see this scenario?"

that may be one of YOUR personal requirements for making a topic here (and that is fine) but it is not mine.

Anyway I still don't see why people are getting upset over this?

It doesn't matter Gob. I can think of various comments I could make new threads about, without directly pointing at specific people and I know I would get banned for those comments. Fact of the matter is that people felt offended.

*shrugs*

i feel offended everytime i read an atheist remark bashing God. but i contain those emotions because I understand the person claiming that my faith is irrational is being honest and that I am inside a room titled "Religion and Politics" I understand that in a room titled "Religion and Politics," that there will be some fire, and that calling my faith irrational is fair game. If the moment comes where I can't take the heat, then I will stay away from the fire.

ok I'll refrase: you say that you believe many of us would like to see a bloody war in Iraq.

i dont recall saying that either.

i DO recall saying that many people would like to see a bloody war in Iraq, and then asking the question: Do any of you fall into this category?

OK, I am a bit confused by Emprworm's logic. He thinks that possibly millions of people secretly wish for bloodshed because? The only insight I get into your thinking is many people wish for a lot of bloodshed because :

they care so much about their own ideological intolerance...they would actually find secret gratification in a war that ends up exceedingly bloody just so their ego's can be satiated.

Your hypothesis is that many people who have idealogical differences with Bush have secret hidden desires to see a masacre so they can say "I told you so."

Given that as your main thrust I can see why people on this message board would be offended if they had made some anti Bush posts. The inferrence is not "Many people secretly wish bloodshed", instead I think it is "Many anti Bush people wish bloodshed for political purposes". If you made such a statement, on a TV talk show for instance,I guarentee a lot of people would take offense with your statement. Not because they secretly desire bloodshed, but because they disagree with Bush's stance. If you had framed your post differently like "Many people wish bloodshed because there are a lot of psychotic people in this world who disagree with Bush" then I think people would not be insulted because you have narrowed down more clearly why you think the way you do and most people on this board are not psychotic so would not feel the post was indirectly aimed at them.

"Many anti Bush people wish bloodshed for political purposes".

yes, yes, you did a great job discerning my point. That is exactly what I am conveying. You are totally correct. The only thing I would clarify on that is that this is a secret, inner wish.

Its kind of like a normal person driving a car gets cut off by a BMW and has a thought flash through his mind of ramming into the back of the BMW and forcing it into a tree (probably killing the driver inside). I believe many normal people have fleeting thoughts like this. But they quickly seize the thought and rebuke it because they recognize how wrong such a thought is.

And with Bush, I believe ppl have these same kinds of thoughts. But unlike the car, they don't necessarily seize them, but actually roll them around in their minds, toying with it a while.

I do truly believe that people hate Bush so much (or America or both) that just to make Bush/America look horrible, they secretly flirt with the desire to see a horrible war go wrong. Its hard for some of these people, I believe, to muster up the courage to say "Yes, I hope, alongside with Bush, that this war is quick, with minimal casualties"

i am not accusing everyone, or anyone in here for that matter, i am only saying I believe this to be true with many ppl out there. Normal "everyday" people.

well i am not going to tip toe on eggshells in this forum.

in the General forum, I think you would have a point that I should be more sensitive.

But I believe (maybe Gob can correct me if I'm wrong), that when Gob made this forum, there is a bit more latitude granted to us to post our opinions w/o having to overtly worry about insenstivity or political correctness. (of course this doesn't mean name calling or personal accusatory remarks )

when i say that I believe that people want the war to go bad just to humiliate america and bush, i am not referring to a few extremist wacko's...I am referring to everyday "normal" people who go to work or school each day that have secret thoughts like this.

i am not accusing anyone here of such, however I did ask the people here if they harbored any such kind of thought. asking is not accusing.

I usually stay out of this forum because I have strong feelings about politics and a lot of my friends here have much different views than I. I am glad that Gob added this forum, because it makes it very easy for me to stay out of these discussions. Of course I can still see the posts in the "10 most recent posts" screen (that's how I got here). Again, I was just pointing out why people may have been offended. I don't believe anyone here should walk on eggshells, but I suggest at least one proof read when starting a topic to make sure it was what you really want to say. I was a little confused by the original post myself until you made that last clarification. Of course, "I am not the sharpest tool in the shed" as Smash Mouth would put it.

well i understand your point, and you are right. in fact, you perceptions of everything i said were right on the money, including the part about the clarification. hopefully, in the posts that followed my original one, i have been more clear.

The problem arises because not everyone is going to read posts the same way. Everyone here comes from very different backgrounds and they are all going to have a different slant on things. This problem is always going to be around and I don't think people should stop posting possibly controversial topics because of it.

There are lots of topics here that I might find offensive but I don't make a huge deal out of it like some people have been. All I ask is that you keep in mind that everyone will have different viewpoints and different ways of expressing those views. If you don't understand what someone said just ask them to clarify it instead of blowing up and accusing them of something they may not have meant.

"I am referring to everyday "normal" people who go to work or school each day that have secret thoughts like this"

This is rather troubling. You say that their ideology is what causes this, correct?

If so, what do you think their ideology is? Anti-war? Why would they be anti-war if they didn't care about death? I find it highly dubious that you state that millions of people are so devisive and hypocritical. I agree that distasteful people exist, but why would such people be the ones to even bother opposing a war on Iraq?

Finally, out of interest, what reason have you to suspect such a vast claim?