Emperor Server

I'm going to download it now, lets see if we can get 6 more ppl to download it for a massive 8 way battle... ;)

EDIT- umm ok this say its for playing WC3 games in the readme.txt but I'm willing to try it. From what it says I guess only one person (the host) has to run it Im not to sure... man I cant wait I wanna try it.

sshhhh not so loud we don't want everyone knowing about it, WW/EAP or whoever is left in charge of keeping the trash swept up might hear us and put a stop to it ;D

@Frodo no WOL still works for now... where just think ahead in case they do something stupid like shut it down ;)

So let me get this straight, are you saying that it's possible to trick Emperor into thinking that it's operating over a LAN, and play with 8 players ONLINE without WOL? :O 8)

Yes, only the host runs the battle lan program ( allowing direct TCP/IP direct play ) and fills in the ip's of the players that are joigning the lan game.

The host runs EBFD and creates a lan game and the joigning players join the lan game.

All players will be seen on the lan screen and you can play EBFD without WOL with a maximum of 8 players.

For example: 3 human players and 5 AI or 8 human players.

Well cool I've got it downloaded and tink I understand it, who wants to be the first (well maybe not first ever but the first from this site) to try out a 6 or 8 way game?

Now we can really put those big maps to good use! Ya Hya Chouhada!!

You might want to look up the deffintion of LAN. Local Area Network if I'm not mistaken. WOL is not involved at all. It's supposed to be like a small network of computers like at a colledge dorm.

You do not need WOL or internet at all to play "regular" lan games.

Normally you would hook up several computers by cables , like you can see in the game stores were all players are sitting next to each other with all computers linked to each other.

For this "battle" lan game you need internet to make the direct connection between the players, the program fakes a lan environment as if you were sitting next to each other.

Many games like star wars galactic battlegrounds and generals allow direct play, no server required as 1 of the players is the host.

The other approach would be to have your various IPs pretend to be on a LAN, and use the 'LAN game' lobby features. They do not require WOL.

--Chris

From the horse's mouth... no WOL at all in LAN games. ;)

Yeah from what i understan you let the host know your IP then he runs program and enters the IPs and then host game. Then the other players look for a LAN game and they will see the Host name. Who wants to try it? I already have the program. Anyone up for it?

Just a few moments ago me and ixianmace played a lan game and it worked fine for about 20 min untill my screen froze.... those problems still arise even with lan games.

As i was hosting the lan game, i run the battlelan program first and filled in the ip of ixianmace. Clicked the "add" and "start" button.

After that i minimized the battlelan program in the background. I started EBFD and choose lan game.

Ixianmace only choose lan game without running the battlelan program.

Ixianmace was in my list of players and i hosted a lan game vs 6 AI players.

If they ever decide to close down WOL we can always play emperor via lan with a maximum of 8 players ;D