WHAT IS DUNE GENERATIONS?

paul_of_arrakis

It's a really time online game that goes on 24 - 7. Even when you'r not online or playing the game continues.

Yep, it's divided into teams [ houses ] and totally new, well some things are others aren't.

www.dune-generations.com

[ ps. CAPS lock ? :) ]

I believe it will be the best Dune game ever, you choose among three kinds of houses (mercenaries, Military and traders)

You then construct you own house on your own planet and basicly playes like any house in the Duniverse. You will get missiones from the NPC houses (i.e. Corrino, Atreides, Guild, Harkonnen and Bene Gesserit)

A good thing to do is to join a guild that can protect you while you're not online. A guild is basicly a clan that you all tribute to with an amount of solaris, and you will then have a joined force for protection.

Furthermore you will be able to have breading programs with and give away daughters to strengthen the familly ties.

Your house will be your own and is totally new you choose between the three styles of houses. Your house will include a leader, wife or husbond(or concubine ;)) and heirs your will be able to make your own breeding program, and try to breed a KH.

I think the fee will be on 10$ or maybe 20$ but I don't believe it will be as high as 30$

As for the planeterion thing I haven't played it but know of people who have.

I just found this new post from one of the devs

All character have four feats and four skills.

Feats are improved or decreased through mariage and children. They are your genetic heritage. The howthatwork has to be discovered by you.

Skills are improved with house levels. The higher your house is, the more skill points you have on each character. You inherit half of your competence from your father and mother. The other half is selected by you with the remaining points.

Here is a quick translation of the french doc, because the official translation isn't made yet.

Feat Treacherous/Loyal: A treacherous leader can forge documents and cover his illegal actions while a loyal leader will attract higher companions and get more easily friendship of important NPCs.

Luck: You get good luck, you get good things. You get bad luck, you attract problems.

Charisma: A Charismatic leader will impress his troops or the traders and get bonus.

Fecondity: Frequence of children birth in your family. Must be mated with the score of your husband/wife.

Skills:

Trade: Your ability to get good or bad price when trading.

Tactic: Your ability to lead troops on the battlefield.

Fight: Your ability to fight in a one vs one fight.

Administration: Your ability to handle your planet and to produce.

There will be missions in the game but they aren't mission to improve your characters. You win prestige points to rise in level your house. Characters are linked to your house level. They don't have a personnal experience score.

Companion are secondary characters you can recruit in the game. They improve through training and are maxed in crowd and level by your house level.

It looks like you will be able to get companions similar to Duncan, thufir, Pieter etc.

It shouldn't theoretically put a lot of people off, I mean look at EverQuest and UltimaOnline, they had HOARDS of people playing, and they pay for it. The thing is that EQ offers payment plans, pay a certain amount every certain amount of months. Does DG?

Also, they should pay every month because other people will be paid (or volunteer) to keep supporting the game, e.g. making patches, fixing bugs, etc.

Yes you will have to pay an amount every month to play this game, however I really think it's worth it and I do believe it's fair. You have to keep in mind that they have to make money on the thing to keep it running.