Canada taking steps to mind control?

so now we are making "proportions?" Just what exactly would constitute an "Illegal proportion?"

"Follow BUddha or you will not be enlightened." Is that now a hate crime? I don't believe in Buddha and many people would be disturbed by that statement.

Anything that sets one religion as the right one and all the others as wrong should be an illegal statement. Yes your Buddha statement would fall under that category.

lol. This is intolerance in the extreme.

Religion of Communism

"We believe that communism is not only a form of Government, but God Himself."

SO when you tell someone who believes in the religion of communism that democracy is the only way, you just committed a hate crime.

HATE CRIMES:

"Capitalism is the only way"

"Republicans are the only way"

"Running is the best excercise. ALl other excersises will make you ugly"

Good grief. Cmon dude, let go of your intolerance. let people speak for crying out loud. it is utterly pathetic

I DO NOT CONSIDER IT A RELIGION. I don't give a crap that anyone else does.

DOesn't matter what you think. That is a hate crime. How DARE you condemn someone else's religion as not even being a religion. How much jail time do you get for this in your intolerant society?

I DO NOT CONSIDER IT A RELIGION. I don't give a crap that anyone else does.

LOL! I just realized the wonderful irony in this post.

In otherwords, what he is saying, is that their religion is WRONG and he is right. ROFL.

I now cite this post immediately preceding that one:

Anything that sets one religion as the right one and all the others as wrong should be an illegal statement. Yes your Buddha statement would fall under that category.

LOL! how did I miss this gem of an exposure?

this IS the topic. The topic is about a society mandating religious belief. the argument has developed into exactly what I intended. but if it is not precisely enough on topic, then I'll simply change the subject line to read something that fits this discussion. FOr this discussion is exactly what I intended: A "free" Society in the process of banning religion.

"FOr this discussion is exactly what I intended"

[sarcasm]Ah, ok, I thought it had something to do with the news article.[/sarcasm] Then could you please proffer a post qualifying the idea that stopping anti-homosexual literature being put into mass print is an example of "a society mandating religious belief"?

Have you any other intentions you'd like to tell us about? Or not like to, as the case may be?

"FOr this discussion is exactly what I intended"

[sarcasm]Ah, ok, I thought it had something to do with the news article.[/sarcasm] Then could you please proffer a post qualifying the idea that stopping anti-homosexual literature being put into mass print is an example of "a society mandating religious belief"?

Have you any other intentions you'd like to tell us about? Or not like to, as the case may be?

well that is part of the topic too. thats the beauty of this topic. it ecompasses several things. I could have named it "religious issues" but that would be too broad. I specifically intended a topic about a professing free society making religious belief into hate crimes. Now, that encompasses several branching discussions, one of which is the homosexual aspect, another of which is the definition of "hate crime", "religion" and "free speech"

perhaps I should have named the topic "religion = hate crime?" I didn't realize that I would take criticism for discussing the definitions of hate crime, religion, and free speech simply because it didn't specifically address canada or homosexuals.

Fair enough... but try to make yourself more clear in the process; starting threads with articles often leads to fragmentation over the boards.

The topic Empr wishes to discuss is the overlap between religious belief and hate crimes.

Henceforth, let us begin by posting our stances on it.

Fair enough... but try to make yourself more clear in the process; starting threads with articles often leads to fragmentation over the boards.

The topic Empr wishes to discuss is the overlap between religious belief and hate crimes.

Henceforth, let us begin by posting our stances on it.

allright. thanks for the tip, i'll make a note of that for future posts.

Religious Belief = Hate crime ? What do you people think.

okay guys, this is how it is for me.

I dont go around saying homosexuality is evil. I dont force views of my beliefs at all. If somebody asks me though what I think or I am in a place to defend my beliefs, then I will say what I believe. Nothing can change that. Homosexuality is against my religion and therefore I will not pander to forced tolerance of that lifestyle. I do not however, talk about this issue unless I trust the person I am talking with. I will only bring it up if it is brought up to me.

Also, Religion isnt outdated. With those things I listed before, they are still the same as they have always been. They are just as much a cultural dogma as religion is. Religion is important to individual freedoms. Though christians and other religions should not force people to believe, we must follow our scriptures. That means I have to tell people about christ. And if somebody asks me my views, I must explain to them. Religion is viewed negatively by many because people search for a target that they can call their enemy. A thing they can blame the world's problems on. It isnt religion or sex or culture. It is simple human nature that creates evil. You cant take away personal beliefs, and you arent saying that per se. But by forcing people not to discriminate, then you are taking away expression of opinion. I am not for that kind of discrimination, but I think people have every right to express what they feel like. I see gothic kids who dress in clothes that display gore, nudity, language and other things. I believe they have every right to display that. I also think that any group can express their personal opinions to others. As long as they arent infringing on their personal rights. Which is the persuit of work, life and freedom.

I would never do that. I will though however follow my scriptures. Tolerance is an individual thing. it is so subjective, that it shouldnt be taken in as a moral code in my opinion.

Religion of Bush:

Ye are commanded to adore President Bush.

People that do not like Bush are Heathen.

When a heathen tells you to your face that they do not like Bush, you have just been insulted by the evil beings of the universe, and you will lose one year worth of Karma unless you immediately perform the "political cleansing" 24 hour bathing ceremony in the Potomac River, in Washington DC. If you do not live near Washington DC. this is a most unfortunate thing, as the Religion of Bush requires that all Cleansings be done at this location. You have 7 days to take a flight to Washington DC and perform the cleansing or your karma is lost. If you have children, they too will suffer negative Karma. THis is why it is imperative that you cleanse yourself after someone personally insults Bush to your face. You must purify yourself of this kind of anti-Bush hatred.

You forgot the most important thing:

There is no God but Bush, and Emprworm is His prophet. ;D

Let us now praise the eternal Bush (votes be upon Him), the holiest of holies, unchallenged ruler of heaven and Earth. And let us give thanks to His exhaulted prophet Emprworm for showing us the true way to salvation, by ridding the world of Satan Hussein and his legions of doom who seek to destroy us all by... throwing stones... in the air...

Do not attempt to think for yourselves, for intelligence is the work of the evil Democrats!

Praise Bush most high and most holy!

Praise Bush most high and most holy...

Praise Bush...

Don't pretend you're not doing the same to my topics, Emprworm. See here.

And yes, I have you off my ignore list for a while, so I can see what you post in this topic...

Now, let's get back on topic. To make a long story short, I completely agree with Emprworm on this. No matter WHAT you do, it most likely will end up offending someone... OMG, someone can be actually offended by something you said! I guess you should rot in jail for such a horrible hate crime. ::)

No, let me rephrase that: THOUGHT crime. The government will now proceed to tell you what you are or aren't allowed to think. Have a nice day, and remember to think happy thoughts!

nothing is wrong with Christians/Muslims/Jews standing against those who choose to defile themselves by committing acts of sodomy to each other.

it's a sick world we live in. just because the majority in this world are sick immoral freaks, that doesn't mean the normal, moral people don't have the moral right to stand up against the perverted, immoral majority.

God gave every man the right to say and think whatever he wants to think and say. No man can morally claim priority over what another man can or can not say. Sure, the disgusting majority can make laws that support their despicable ways and dictate that "we will jail/kill those who break our "laws", but they can never claim a moral or ethical basis for doing so. Kinda like what Hitler did. What Hitler did is the exact same thing that anyone who thinks he has the right to restrict the speech/thoughts of another man is doing.

"Silence" anyone who disagrees with you.

For those of you who think that this is a great idea; that somehow your thoughts and opinions, be they as ungodly and perverted as they may, are superior to those who speak from a godly perspective and therefore that you have the right to silence those who disagree with you - Hitler would have *loved* you.

The Bible is quite clear on this matter. Those who do such things are worthy of death. That's what God and Jesus said quite clearly, several times over.

In fact, the Torah and the Koran all have nearly-identical teachings to those of the Bible on this matter. So it's not only Christians who acknowledge the reality of this mental disorder.

Deviant perverts wanting to feel better about themselves by pretending they don't have a problem and that it's normal and fine to bugger each other etc. and that there are no eternal consequences for doing so can never change the reality of the situation. All they can do is *pretend* in their make-believe world that they are gods who call the shots.

Reality is, they are not gods and they don't call the shots. Only the real God calls the shots and what He states is reality.

Canada is not the only country with this affront to free speech and morality plaguing it. USA is almost as bad, Germany is way far-gone. At least some countries in this world still live in a moral way and apply proper Biblical law. Including this law.

That, TMA, is an example of the scripture (or usage of) can be wrong for the current society.

no it isnt. you want me to go to infidels.org and find some quotes that are even worse from your atheist friends? You've even had some in your tag lines before. that is hate speech too, Acriku, and I'd have you locked up for life! ;)

oh, and what do you THINK happens to me when I die, Acriku? tell me please. I know you don't know...so what do you expect will happen to me when I die Acriku.

If you didn't know already, I was referring to Arohk's post. And since when is infidels.org a society? A community perhaps. And yes every atheist you come across I a)know them intimately and b)hang out with them everyday. How did you know?

If you didn't know already, I was referring to Arohk's post. And since when is infidels.org a society? A community perhaps. And yes every atheist you come across I a)know them intimately and b)hang out with them everyday. How did you know?

being a society is irrelevant. we are talking about hate speech. since i edited this after you posted, I'll requote here:

what do you THINK happens to me when I die, Acriku? tell me please. I know you don't know...so what do you expect will happen to me when I die Acriku.

So make your own country and have the people visiting infidels.org jailed for life. I couldn't stop you there.

After I die, hmm, how about replenishment of nutrients and minerals to the vast number of prokaryotes (and the occasional eukaryote, those little bastards!) to feed upon, continuing the cycle of life? *Ahweemoway ahweemoway*