Canada taking steps to mind control?

So make your own country and have the people visiting infidels.org jailed for life. I couldn't stop you there.

why would I have them jailed? I'm not so fragile, frail and weak that I cannot withstand a jibbering angry atheist cursing out "xians" in the name of rational thought. That really doesn't bother me at all. Yet objectively it is far more hateful than anything a mainstream Christian would say.

After I die, hmm, how about replenishment of nutrients and minerals to the vast number of prokaryotes (and the occasional eukaryote, those little bastards!) to feed upon, continuing the cycle of life? *Ahweemoway ahweemoway*

actually what i wanted to know was what happens to my consciousness? what do you expect will happen to me as a conscious entity aware of my existence....my memories, and personal awareness that I exist?

no it isnt. you want me to go to infidels.org and find some quotes that are even worse from your atheist friends? You've even had some in your tag lines before. that is hate speech too, Acriku, and I'd have you locked up for life! ;)

Well you did say this...that kind of reminds of jailing someone don't you think ;)

actually what i wanted to know was what happens to my consciousness? what do you expect will happen to me as a conscious entity aware of my existence....my memories, and personal awareness that I exist?
Why is the consciousness a separate entity? What happens to my arm? What happens to my weewee? All the same questions. They die, go into failure, and rot (as for consciousness, the nerve synapses and brain rot).

no it isnt. you want me to go to infidels.org and find some quotes that are even worse from your atheist friends? You've even had some in your tag lines before. that is hate speech too, Acriku, and I'd have you locked up for life! ;)

Well you did say this...that kind of reminds of jailing someone don't you think ;)

lol! I was kidding man. you noticed the smiley right?

I am ALLLLLL for free speech.

Why is the consciousness a separate entity? What happens to my arm? What happens to my weewee? All the same questions. They die, go into failure, and rot (as for consciousness, the nerve synapses and brain rot).

you make this very difficult...so are you saying basically that I, as I am right now...my awareness and distinct, unique memories, consciousness and self-awareness cease to exist?

I am merely speaking the truth that is of this natural world, it not against any body, people, or organization.

but you don't know, Acriku, do you? You really do not know if there is consciousness after death. People believe that there is. When you tell them that they are going to be eradicated upon death, that is pure, unfettered hate speech. It is no different than a Christian saying that only believers in Christ will go to heaven. Yet yours is worse. In the former, at least SOME people will continue to exist, yet in your scenario NO ONE will continue to exist. All the murders like Hitler will go unpunished, and justice will be evaded. I find this hate speech.

Except I do not want it prosecuted. But if saying "Jesus is the only way" is hate speech, so is what you said as well.

I am talking of the natural world, an eternal (or immortal) entity - the conscience - would require a supernature that we have no answers to. So, instead of impressing any religious views I may have that would require an answer including that the conscience exists even after death, I take it from a natural approach and anybody who is offended is sensitive to their supernatural beliefs.

I am talking of the natural world, an eternal (or immortal) entity - the conscience - would require a supernature that we have no answers to. So, instead of impressing any religious views I may have that would require an answer including that the conscience exists even after death, I take it from a natural approach and anybody who is offended is sensitive to their supernatural beliefs.

well you should keep that view to yourself. because people who believe in life after death find that kind of talk offensive.

Hehe funny how it turns into a "FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT" battle for the defendants.

This has nothing to do with Christianity or the bible. It has only to do with the content of what was printed. And what was printed is that gay men should should be killed. (a nice quote for those of you who swear by the "passive book of love" in the Bible)

The fact it's the Bible is of no relevance. If I write my own holy book called "The holy book of killing Vikings", fine. Stick it in a bookstore, distribute it privately, through the internet, whatever. When you start advertising messages of murdering descendants of vikings, it's not a book, it's a threat and it's abuse. And those are both illegal.

You want to shove your applicable holy book down my throat? Fine. I'll shove right back. You want to write bible verses on buses, pamphlets, doormats, fine. I'll ignore them (or maybe soil them if I'm in a bad mood ;D {j/k}). You want to call me at home to preach, preach, preach? Fine. I'll hang up and utilize whatever privacy laws are availible. All those things are the citizen's right. But when you make such threats against any person or group of people, it's just that - a threat. Very justly illegal.

I was speaking rhetorically, not to anyone in particular. Not even to anyone on this forum, really, though I can think of one who would apply.

And the regionally applicable dominant religion is shoved down many peoples throats every day, though it is getting better in the Western world. At least we are past the day where the "blasphemous" were spat at. However, and I believe I said this before, a Mormon guy threw a tomato at me once, yelling "SINNER! SINNER!"

I was speaking rhetorically, not to anyone in particular. Not even to anyone on this forum, really, though I can think of one who would apply.

And the regionally applicable dominant religion is shoved down many peoples throats every day, though it is getting better in the Western world. At least we are past the day where the "blasphemous" were spat at. However, and I believe I said this before, a Mormon guy threw a tomato at me once, yelling "SINNER! SINNER!"

so what do you expect will happen to me when I die, Ace? Tell me. I will use the same argument on you I used on Acriku.

What relevance does that have to the topic? And you picked a terrible example...you know exactly what my response to your question would be. And you would be all "Oh this is offensive to me see you in court." But I made no threats of something illegal against you so it would be thrown out of court.

We've had this arguement before...

What relevance does that have to the topic? And you picked a terrible example...you know exactly what my response to your question would be. And you would be all "Oh this is offensive to me see you in court." But I made no threats of something illegal against you so it would be thrown out of court.

We've had this arguement before...

i think you are changing the argument a bit. What we were originally arguing was whether or not the public statement "Believing in My God is the only way" is a hate crime. Sure, this digressed a bit off of the article, but you then would not agree that "Believing in My God is the only way" is a hate crime? You are saying only that a physical (earthly) life must be threatened? sure, I can agree with that. U can use the Bible. or pretty much any book that discribes human history and extract statments like "All people like ___________ deserve to be murdered". As long as the threat is a physical threat on a natural life. Supernatural threats cannot possibly be rationally labelled hate crimes. Are you going to argue that a supernatural threat can be a hate crime?

What argument emprworm? You failed in that argument, and I put a smackdown on you. I have other people who agree, so your "argument" didn't work.

how did I fail in my argument? If saying to someone "Only those who believe in Jesus will go to heaven" is hate speech, then saying to someone "No one will go to heaven" is also hate speech. You never responded to my argument and gave up the debate, of which I assume victory for myself! ;D

Unless...you are here and now going to publicly state that saying "Only those who believe in Jesus will go to heaven" is not hate speech.