My Perceptions of the Anti-War Mob

but for every McDonalds in Europe, there are a bunch of Europeans eating food there.

Hardly surprising ;)

Those who visit McDonalds are beyond salvation...for eternity corrupted by the imperialist US... ;)

lol! I don't go to McDonalds for an entirely different reason. mainly unhealthy food

"(note: Remember, this is my PERCEPTION of things- reality may differ) "

Sorry - this is your perception of the whole 'anti-war mob'? Or just some? Would you mind rougly quantifying it, please?

And, having done so, would you mind qualifying it?

gladly. my perceptions are limited to what I "see" with my five senses. Perceptions in this context are not extrapolations, but what I see (limited to what the media reports) And what I see is exactly what I stated. I see bush-haters using "innocent women and children" as a crutch for their anti-Bush bias. Gob already posted some links with war-protest photos very nicely illustrating this paradaigm. SHould I post those links for you?

Emprworm, WHAT DO YOU MEAN?!

You have not told us whether your extrapolations are about all anti-war protesters, a few, or whatever. You cannot expect people to comment on your assertions if they do not know whom the allegations refer to.

Yes, the anti-war 'mob', but how many of them?

Emprworm, WHAT DO YOU MEAN?!

You have not told us whether your extrapolations are about all anti-war protesters, a few, or whatever. You cannot expect people to comment on your assertions if they do not know whom the allegations refer to.

Yes, the anti-war 'mob', but how many of them?

i cannot speak for all. i can only speak for what I saw. People have told me that there are extremist pro bush people. I did not see any, so I wont speak about what I did not see. I saw anti-Bush people. that is what I saw. In THEORY there would seem to be many anti-war people who like Bush, but I didn't see any, so I wont speak to those.

as for how many of them? All of those that I saw, which were a lot.

Right, so you're saying only that you happened to see protesters who fitted your above description, yes? Please correct me if I'm wrong, because you have not exactly made yourself very clear.

And what sort of numbers are you talking about when you say you have seen them?

And finally, are you going to tell us how you knew their mindset (ie that your repeated point about rather atrocities than accepting Bush could be right)?

Try and answer these sorts of questions in your first post, Empr, because otherwise, everyone else has to spend time extricating the information from you. Dramatic statements are all very well, but people need some quantification before they can respond in context.

Right, so you're saying only that you happened to see protesters who fitted your above description, yes? Please correct me if I'm wrong, because you have not exactly made yourself very clear.

And what sort of numbers are you talking about when you say you have seen them?

And finally, are you going to tell us how you knew their mindset (ie that your repeated point about rather atrocities than accepting Bush could be right)?

Try and answer these sorts of questions in your first post, Empr, because otherwise, everyone else has to spend time extricating the information from you. Dramatic statements are all very well, but people need some quantification before they can respond in context.

sure. I thought I was quite clear, but maybe I wasn't.

The post represents the impression I get from the war-protesters, in general.

Main Entry: im·pres·sion

Pronunciation: im-'pre-sh&n

Function: noun

Date: 14th century

1 a : a characteristic, trait, or feature resulting from some influence <the impression on behavior produced by the social milieu> b : an effect of alteration or improvement <the settlement left little impression on the wilderness> c : a telling image impressed on the senses or the mind

Now, when people posts their impression of America, its quite obvious (and doesn't need to be said) that they are not judging everyone inside America, but are making a generalised statement about America as a functioning whole, seperate from the functioning individual parts.

The war-protest as a functioning whole give me the impressions I stated above. How can I be any more clear than that? I cannot.

i cannot speak for all. i can only speak for what I saw. People have told me that there are extremist pro bush people. I did not see any, so I wont speak about what I did not see. I saw anti-Bush people. that is what I saw. In THEORY there would seem to be many anti-war people who like Bush, but I didn't see any, so I wont speak to those.

as for how many of them? All of those that I saw, which were a lot.

From what i hear the protesters from outside the United States are mostly hate America anyway.

From what i hear on the news. and not everone is anti Bush that says that. On i think it was Fox News, Senotor Mccain was criticizing Colin Powell's handling of North Korean Polices. And he's is a Republican.

By the way, in case anyone is wondering, I have decided that talking to a wall is hardly worth the effort, especially if the wall comes with a broken tape recorder that plays the same thing over and over again...

Emprworm won't listen anyway, so why bother?

By the way, in case anyone is wondering, I have decided that talking to a wall is hardly worth the effort, especially if the wall comes with a broken tape recorder that plays the same thing over and over again...

Emprworm won't listen anyway, so why bother?

I know you were reffering to him, but i will listen and still am listing, all i have seen so far of protester like you just say anti Bush scorn while never say anything about why we shouldn't disarm him. i still don't understand why someone would want Iraq to have weapons of such. and until you can tell me why you want Iraq to be able attack other countries Civilians I will remain with the same view.

emprworm, rush limbaugh is a pro bush fanatic. Sean hannety is a pro bush fanatic. I could say a dozen million of them. Lisa, Mort, Josh, Sammy, and many other people that I know from highschool are ultra conservitives that are for the war all the way. You dont let yourself see bush fanatics. You dont post on it because you know it would destroy the argument. I know you well enough that you will post every bit of info you have. You will not however, post info for the opposing side.

TMA not every conservative talk show host is a Bush fanatic. I know that Rush especially doesn't agree with Bush on the recent budget, I don't really know Hannity that well so I can't speak for him. But Bush labels himself as a compassionate conservative which seems to mean he likes to spend lots of money leading to a deficit, something not all conservatives agree with.

In case you're asking me, I bother because I'm trying to keep the forum in order. I'd at least like to give people a chance at getting through to Empr on the frequency at which he is talking. As such, I need to get him to state that frequency first.

optimal frequency: 8 KHZ ;D

emprworm, rush limbaugh is a pro bush fanatic. Sean hannety is a pro bush fanatic. I could say a dozen million of them. Lisa, Mort, Josh, Sammy, and many other people that I know from highschool are ultra conservitives that are for the war all the way. You dont let yourself see bush fanatics. You dont post on it because you know it would destroy the argument. I know you well enough that you will post every bit of info you have. You will not however, post info for the opposing side.

but how is rush limbaugh trying to stop the freeing of slaves?

my correction gob, I meant a conservitive fanatic.hehe I meant that he is pro war.

First of all, the iraqi's arent slaves. There are many people who are bias only towards the war. They wont listen to the opposition. The fact that you havent "heard of any" means absolutely nothing. I think taht you are just using that to defend your stance. I believe that you havent heard of any, but the fact that sicne you havent heard, you dont believe there are any. That is silly.

my correction gob, I meant a conservitive fanatic.hehe I meant that he is pro war.

First of all, the iraqi's arent slaves. There are many people who are bias only towards the war. They wont listen to the opposition. The fact that you havent "heard of any" means absolutely nothing. I think taht you are just using that to defend your stance. I believe that you havent heard of any, but the fact that sicne you havent heard, you dont believe there are any. That is silly.

'

of course they are slaves. what freedom do they have? please enlighten me...i'm sure the free world...along with 30000+ refugees would like to know what freedom they had.

In the finest sence of the word, they are not slaves. They have many things off a lot better than true slaves in a bad country do. Also, you never answered what I said. You know that you overgeneralized right?

In the finest sence of the word, they are not slaves. They have many things off a lot better than true slaves in a bad country do. Also, you never answered what I said. You know that you overgeneralized right?

huh? what part of "having no freedom" eludes the definition of slavery? And they have it better than other slaves? LOL! Have you asked the Iraqi refugees this? What have they said about that statement? and what part of "being a slave" is now acceptable? Just because they aren't plowing a white man's cotton field and getting beaten 3 times a day? Does that make it "better" for them?

wha?? since when is slavery equated with the american south? lol They arent slaves. At the most, they are tyranized people. Many of the people though actually do like saddam. It is propaganda that says that everybody hates them. I mean you probably get most of your info from fox news or cnn.

wha?? since when is slavery equated with the american south? lol They arent slaves. At the most, they are tyranized people. Many of the people though actually do like saddam. It is propaganda that says that everybody hates them. I mean you probably get most of your info from fox news or cnn.

lol. Ok TMA, since people who live without freedom under full submission to the tyrranical will of one man is not a "slave" to you, then how about I restate it like this: (wondering what in the world is the definition of slavery right now ::) )

"How is Rush Limbaugh trying to stop the freeing of people who live without freedom under full submission to the tyrranical will of one man?"

he isnt doing anything like that. He is agreeing to another totalitarian organization invading iraq.

Many of the iraqi people can leave their country if they will, they are not quartered to specific areas. They are allowed to purchase things at their own will. They may go in and out of their house when they will. Slavery as an establishment has nothing to do with what saddam is doing.

You never answered my questions once. Please answer them. They are above.