Pro-US rallies ignored by leftist Media

Ever since the 50s, SK and USA have had a mutually beneficial relationship. Only recently, with NK becoming seemingly less hostile, was the occupation of near-DMZ territory being called into question. Now with the nuclear threat from NK, it seems those doubts were baseless. Other than that, the only thing that actually dimmed the relations were the two SK girls crushed by the American mine removing unit. An accident, but a trajedy nonetheless. The two soldiers responsible were neglegent and got of damn easy in the US military court, but accidents are accidents and should not play a factor in diplomatic relations. But that has died down, and the nuclear threat from NK is re-affirming the pre-existent companionship. Good for both of them. :)

I agree completely that the media is leftist. There is no doubt about that. Also I have no doubt that many outside of the U.S. are for the war in Iraq. I just love though how you found this in the "stars and stripes". The newspaper that the military reads. Of course they are going to place stuff like this because it makes the war more paletable for solders. You are just as right wing as those who are left wing.

of course it doesnt make it less true. It just shows the sources you look in. right wing media. In this case you are looking for things supporting your opinion on another bias news paper. Kinda killing the whole point of posting it in the first place. by the way what were you trying to prove? of course many people support the war. You showing that you support it too? if so, who cares?

Compare the relatively small number of people at these pro-US rallies with the immense numbers that show up at anti-War demonstrations all over the world. (not just in one particulary predictable country, like yours do)

It is the will of the people to prevent this ridiculous war. But you right-wingers don't give a damn about what the people think, do you? "Civilians are ignorant". ::)

I believe they weren't really punished. They got conditional jail terms. (I don't know how you call it in english, but in Dutch conditional (voorwaardelijk) means that you won't get the punishment unless you commit another crime within that time period).

of course it doesnt make it less true.

basically meaning that it is true.

It just shows the sources you look in.

both right and left sources. the word for it is balance.

Kinda killing the whole point of posting it in the first place.

the point of posting it was to present an historical fact to the community. That historical fact was simply that pro-us demonstrations are taking place in South Korea.

i thought that the soldiers lost their clearence to operate tanks, but I could not find that reference, so it may indeed be false.

Sentenced by the US court ?

Never the less, not bad a punishment for killing two kids if it's true. I now see why the US would opose against a international court.

the deaths were accidental. 2 girls were run over by a tank. the korean lynch mob is proof that it would be impossible for any US soldier to receive a fair trial outside their own country.

Hence why a international court has been setup. It holds judges from countries all over the world. And if this particular case would have been held in that court, there wouldn't be any Korean judge, jury or whatever present. Hence why I fail to see the fear of the American government.

Never the less, we're going of topic, which isn't my intention, as we're already discussiong this in another thread. Sorry about that.

That is cool how christians over there are coming together to pray to our lord. :)

But man, of course south korea is pro american. I mean geesh, we are the ones that protect them and give them millions of dollars. They know that we are the last line of defense for them because of north korea's weapons. So it is kinda silly to make it look like there are "many" pro U.S. rallies.

Also, the Stars and Stripes newspaper comment was because of this. It is a military news paper. Since it is military owned media, they are going to support the military action in iraq. Just that simple.

Ignored by media? Well, perhaps; there's not much of them to write about, is there?

Saturday's anti-war rally was a record for the greatest number of people ever taking to thge streets in London. More than any protest under Thatcher, Callaghan, or anyone else. 1.6 million in Spain and 6 million in Germany (~10% of the country!).

"But you right-wingers don't give a damn about what the people think, do you?"

A little harsh, Edric. Try not to say such things.

Look at where it's coming from though. The pro-US citizens in South Korea have their lives in danger. I imagine if the Iraqi people have a voice that they would be no different, seeing as how virtually every emigrated Iraqi without family in the country is for a war of liberation.

So here we've got the victims of all this mess; the Koreans and the Iraqis. The Koreans are free to voice their interests South of the border. As for North Korea, let's put it this way; not a single South Korean leaves to live in North korea. Many North Koreans will risk their lives trying to run across the DMZ to live in South Korea. Few make it before they are shot. Iraq is even worse. If you are so much as to question Husseins reasoning for his actions, you're dead. Instantly dead.

Does this sound like a person you can reason with? Talk to? Negociate with? Hell no, diplomacy doesn't work with dictators. Didn't World War II teach us anything?

On one side you have the victims of these dictatorships that are are pro-US and pro-war. On the other side you have three groups; the first group would love to have both NK and Iraq liberated but is concerned with the lives a war would endanger. Fair enough. The secong anti-war group likes Hussein and Kim Jong for whatever reason. The third group is full of pacifists that think a bunch of talking can help the victims of dictatorial regime.

As far as I'm concerned the only legitimate reason to be anti-war is consideration for the lives of civillians near and in the warzones. There is no other acceptable reason to be unsupportive of a war of liberation. Even pacifists should know when to get out of the way of assertive progress.

Neither nation will *EVER* treat their citizens with human respect. NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER. No amount of diplomacy and sanctions can change that. What the hell else are you supposed to do?

1) If you do nothing you're accused of allowing murderous dictators to remain in power unchallenged.

2) If you sanction the nations, you're accused of starving their people.

3) If you remove the opressive regime with force you're accused of being a trigger-happy warmonger by pot-smoking hippies waving two fingers in the air.

Ok, now ask yourself, which one of these three undesireable options will actually help the PEOPLE of Iraq and Korea? (obviously the latter)