Emperor crashes at end of every game...

Elite47

Well What i wierd is...

I started with windows ME and had no problems with emp until a couple months b4 i reformatted my comp would lose internet connection after SOME games. It was the same problem except that it happened less often and i didNOT freeze.

Then i got XP and had the same problem i had with ME. It didnt freeze at first. Then i reformatted again and shortly after started getting this freezing problem at the end of game. I reformatted and reinstalled everything again and the problem just stays.

Did you try playing in compatibility mode ?

No...

Gob,

My DSL provider is Verizon with a westell-wirespeed box. Noone else i know around here has emp so i wouldnt know if they had the same probs, and ive never heard of anyone with the same prob except for appolyns friend.

and what do u mean by special software? I think it only came with 1 verizon driver disk and thats it. There might have been one more and if there was im pretty sure it woudl be the driver for my DSL box.

Did you try playing in compatibility mode ?

No...

Gob,

My DSL provider is Verizon with a westell-wirespeed box. Noone else i know around here has emp so i wouldnt know if they had the same probs, and ive never heard of anyone with the same prob except for appolyns friend.

and what do u mean by special software? I think it only came with 1 verizon driver disk and thats it. There might have been one more and if there was im pretty sure it woudl be the driver for my DSL box.

I don't believe it's the Westell or it's software thats causing the problem from what I just read ... due to the fact that it's probably the same model of modem that I'm using and it only comes with 1 single CD.

It doesnt have an option to run compatability mode with XP. ONly ME,95,98 and NT(service pack 4).

BTW i saw when i froze last game, as i was going to push in my power button to turn off my comp the screen said "set resolutiuon lower r see monitor user guide" and it says that a lot when i turn my comp off like that after i freeze. Im only on 800x600

I'm sure that if you right click the .exe file, there should be an option to play in Win ME/98 compatibility mode. That's what I was refering to :)

There IS an option to play in WIN ME/98 compatability mode. However there is no option for windows XP which is the operating system I have.

But im running it in ME/98 right now in case im just being dumb and dont understand u...

Compatability mode is supposed to let you run an application that was designed for an OS other than XP. That's why there is no selection for XP in compatability mode. If you have set the Game.exe in the Emperor directory for Win98 & ME I think that is what you want to do.

MY PROBLEM IS FIXED MY PROBLEM IS FIXED!!!!!

OMG!!!!

U DONT even know how happy i am im crying man, im freakin cryin!!..well my eyes are watering but OMG!! checking that little box on the compatability tab of the .exe file WORKED!! THANK YOU GUYS FOR ALL YOUR HELP!! ;D :) :D