WOOOOO>COUGH<OOOooooo......!

Vanguard3000

So chani what aspect of Dune do you like(other than books as I see you have them all). do you like the games? movies/miniseries?

board games/memoriabilia?

Well.. I have the Lynch film on vhs (cinema version) and on dvd (television version = better).. and the sci-fi channel box set on vhs and the soundtrack to the Lynch film.. which is most exciting! hehe!

I havent played any games.. I've never really played computer type games.. though I want to have a look sometime.

You know what I *really* want? A poster from the Lynch film.

Tell me about your game...

Well me and some others from FED2K have come up with a game called Dune Jihad! It is similiar to Risk! in that you get armies from territories you own, you get cards and you conquor territories. Most information based on the game can be found here, with the history of how it came to be so far.

and also the website that is in my signature(or website in my personal info=same thing)

The question most people are asked when they saw both the movie and mini is which do you prefer? I prefer the mini, maybe because I seen it first. I own butlerian jihad, the movie film version of dune(DVD) and special edition DVD of the mini. I own dune 2000 and have played the rest of the games.

I cant wait for CoD mini.

Lynch did not make a carbon copy of Frank Herbert's Dune. At the same time though it captures the mood and feelings that are exactly from the book in my opinion. the dress, the acting, the sets, it is so lavish. That is what I love about lynch's movie. The mini is great but it fails to either copy Dune completely or give the atmosphere that lynch's Dune gave. that is how I feel.

i did it in the other order.. watched lynchs dune first.. the shorter version. thought "WTF?!?!?!" and asked a friend to explain and he was so passionate about it that i thought i should maybe read it. read it.. watched the longer version and realised i should have watched the long version first hehe. but then i might never have read it and be as obsessed as i am now! and the rest, as they say.. is history!!

It has 35 minutes extra footage that was cut form the cinema version and a longer better prologue.. but i dont know exactly how long it is. It has a man talking through the introduction instead of Irulan too.. which is better and everything is explained better. I think they just decided to cut out all the conversation that made it make sense for the cinema version!

It has 35 minutes extra footage that was cut form the cinema version and a longer better prologue.. but i dont know exactly how long it is. It has a man talking through the introduction instead of Irulan too.. which is better and everything is explained better. I think they just decided to cut out all the conversation that made it make sense for the cinema version!

Ahh, I have the MP3 of that intro, and I hate it. Most of the info is wrong, and it's not as well done as Irulan's prologue. Also, the fact that Irulan reads the prologue is a very good idea, since she is the one who more or less documents Muad'Dib's life through her books.

I thought this man-prologue was from the infamous "Alan Smithee Version", rather than the actual extended version?

I have the "allen smithee" version of Dune on VHS. I talked about the misconceptions of Dune with the beginning of the extended version being falty with the timeline vanguard. glad I am not the only one that saw that. :)

well it includes stuff like more dialog with the emperor and the navigater, more stuff with paul and his three teachers, more scenes with the baron. You arent missing much. I was hoping it would include the cut scene with thufir dying at the end and other stuff. but it didnt.

Yup it did mess up.lol but the stills are kinda neat looking. :)

How can it not have the Thufir dying scene??? Isn't it like 5 hours long? That scene would have been the first thing I'd add if I were making a "director's cut".

And the extra dialogue between Shaddam and the Nav: Is that the part where he says stuff like "The spice has kept us under accelerated evolution for 4000 years, it has allowed you to live 200..."? I remember seeing a script once, where the Nav said the Spice helps in the creation of the Mentat's Sapho, which is totally groundless.