Warcraft 3 strategys

thomas

k i nthis one game recently i was orc and heres what i did to win

-note it was 3 on 3

k make 1 barracks moderate tower covererage at base and 2 animal places

basiclaly you and your 2 allies try to get and controll all extra mines to "starve" enemy i got 10 grunts and 2 kodos at first they got slaughtered by his gryphs so i ogt 10 wryvern 4 grunts (full upgrades :)) and 4 raiders (to trap air i know they suck compared to grunts) and me and my allies atarved them till they couldn't make much more hten we just annilhilated them

k so my units were (armies)

#1 4 grunts with farseer

#2 10 grunts a farseer and 2 kodos (note i just added 6 grunts and 2 kodos)

#3(fisrt army was destroyed completely) 10 wryvern a farseer 4 grunts and 4 raidrs wit hnet thingy

Humans have the most powerful unit in game: Sorceress. In one moment on long range, turns anything to miserable sheep. Same for peon as for chimera. Just she needs to be a master.

Orcs carry on Headhunters against infantry and Raiders against base. Grunts are just for defense, altough good. Also they have the best hero - Farseer.

Undead Scourge, (my favourite ;D ) are best from all. Build Meat Wagons and harvest junk near Graveyard. Ride near enemy base, unload, and let some necromancers do their work. Large army for no cost! Then end them with ghouls and gargoyles.

Night elves are very strong. If your enemy does not very like Raiders, best way is to build as much ancients as you can, unlimited by food. Then little addon of archers and hippogryphs.

CHEATER ALERT!!! xineverwinx is cheater he misteriously reveals map says we has farsight but hes level 1 and havs feral wolves his ally told me and he mysterious found my towers in the mid of map and htis is 3min into game >:(

So, undead have still Frost Wyrms. They can't be dispelled ;) At least unless you haven't enough shooters. But I use mostly primary units (footmen, archers, ghouls and grunts). In skirmish I build my strength on mercenaries, especially when I find lone Dragon Roost it has effect ;D

k really scary strategy by guys that are n00bs and onlyu make towers and peons is tower rushing- :P and when we start to lose they leave and call us newbs because were the only ones making units and not defending there sorry arses and making crap loads of towers :P

I don't play online, only in lan.

But I am usually human and do this:

Build your normal buildings as fast as you can and train some footmen. These guys will help you get rid of early rushes. Also build a few towers to help tilt attacks at your base in your favour.

I always use Paladin as my hero because: He gain the +defence aura and he has resurrection and he got this really, really sweet total protection.

When you can, build 3 priests and 3 sorceresses. Train the priests and sorceresses to master(just upgrade everything to full).

Then you build 11 knights, and a few gryphon riders + 2-4 mortarmen and if you got any more space or the enemy got a large airborne army, a little army of riflemen.

For easy army control: Select the 11 knights and your hero and make them group 1 (ctrl + 1). Select the gryphons+riflemen and make them group 2. Select priests and assign them to group 3, give your sorceresses group 4 and the last group, group 5, will be given to the mortarmen.

Why spread the units in different groups?

Well, group 1 takes care of ground units + it got one guy with abilities. Group 2 takes care of airborne stuff and group 3 is only priests and will stay behind and heal. Group 4 is easy to reach for their spells and group 5 is the anti-building squad.

Now you attack with your large army... Before you leave base, build a lot, and I mean like 20 towers in your base. Build a few towers in your active mining bases too. This is to defend against enemy attack-while-you-are-gone attacks.

When you attack the enemy army:

If the army you clash into is your opponents main army: Activate the total resistance or whatever it's called your paladin got and send whole group one into the heat. Send group 2 just after you sent group one. Then select group 3 and move them behind the battle, but close enough to heal. Now you select group 4 and turn the most important enemy creatures into sheeps(chimera's or such).

Result I got when fighting two enemies on the same map with this tactic: Casualties on my side: 0 on the first attack and 3 on the second attack but they got resurrected. The enemies lost everything and in the end, their base too ;D

Wow this was abit too long...

This tactic is only tested agains my friends, though. Not against ultragood internet players. It may even suck for all I know ;D

Altough human farms give only scarce food, when you reach the limit (90) you can still have more units! You need only lvl 6 paladin. Best is to build as much units as you can and then kill any 6 of your units (best with knights). Train replacements and when you'll be on 90 again, resurrect fallen units and you have bigger army.

Yes, of course. Animate Dead is same good, but only for 3 minutes and vulnerable to dispells.

I was referring to humans... If they happened to own alot of meatwagons, could they store theur corpses and create a gigantic army?

Does anyone else find towrs as useless as I do? They seem to die so fast and do so little damage...One time, about 20 units broke through 11 Spirit Towers and my Black Citidel without losing but a unit or two.

Towers aren't useless at all! One time, three computers were on team against me and my mate(One of the first times I played ;D, he was orc and I was human). They destroyed our main bases and we sheltered by a place where there were two goldmines close to eachother and we just blocked the entrance with a HUGE bunch of towers(there were 1 enemy and one that was almost dead left)... We used our creatures to take out any long-range siege weapon. It didn't take long before we had more troops than him because he just lost everything in his attacks. It was dead hard though and we lost our bases in the end and I just won with my wandering army and survived because of a little townhall I had built just in case(my mate also built a great hall adjacent to mine). I met the computer enemy in one last battle at his base and I won (with my mate's surviving forces supporting me).

Towers are often a nightmare for attackers if the defender uses them right. They also help tilt the battle in the defender's favor.

Warning: Don't leave your base with no people in it unless you're attacking someone's main base or army.

Yes, of course. Animate Dead is same good, but only for 3 minutes and vulnerable to dispells.

I was referring to humans... If they happened to own alot of meatwagons, could they store theur corpses and create a gigantic army?

yes, i think so. but you would have to edit the game to make meatwagons available for humans

towers are not realy good on their own. To make them effective, you either have to support em with units, build them in, or upgrade them (for humans).

They're not realy killers, but they can keep the enemy at bay at times. However in team games towers will not help you stop 2 or more enemies.

The night elf towers(ancient protectors?) have attack that does extra damage to fortified armor(buildings). They virtually suck against units, but is, funny enough, amazing when attacking an enemy base(although very slow...).

If the enemy base is shielded by a forest and the main entrance is heavily guarded, take some of those night elf towers with you and they eat the forest so your forces can pour in and break havoc. ;D