Infantry War

Shadowjaw

nothing against you personally or anyone here who likes to play infantry wars but i find them to be a sorry excuse for actual combat. i see it as someone who can't take actual armored units. sorry, but that's just how i feel about it. it's just too easy and there's too many damn rules to it. 'you can't build this/ you can't build that' it gets annoying.

Actually, the worst house in infantry war is Atreides. The only decent infantry Atreides has is the sniper. Kindjal are worthless in infantry war. The Fremen warriors make the Atreides snipers obsolete. Harkonnend is not bad in infantry war because of the flamer, as long as you match them with Fremen warriors. But of the three houses, Ordos rules the infantry war. Mortar guys have the longest range of all infantry, and their splash damage is great. Initially, all you have to create are a few chem troopers. Then nothing but Fremen warriors backed up by Mortar guys. Late-game, you simply slowly advance that line of Mortars, making sure they are backed up by Fremen warriors, towards the enemy base.

sure... ::)

well i suppose i just never got into the infantry war. i guess it mighta been b/c i always played vs. newbie players, no offense. it's just not much of a challenge. and since i'm an ordos player at heart i have the advantage anyway, when i'm allowed to. it's just all those damn rules. i keep hearing different ones too

1) no attacking harvs

2) no using harvs as weapons

3) no house ordos

4) no house fremen

5) no house ix

6) no house guild

7) no house tleixau

8) no first level turrets

9) no factory, hangar, startport, etc. anything past refinerty is cheating

so basically if all thsoe rules were consolidated you could never be house ordos and you would only have house sardukar. so it'd all be hark and atr with sardukar. without any kind of armored units, descent turrets, or fun.

actually the best pair i have seen, unless both the players r excelent at rushing and handling their units with no help, is have one be atr and the other be ordos... atr snipers along with mortars is great and fremen snipers and reg sards too

That would certainly work for a team. I recently kicked butt on two very good players (good in non-infantry only games) in an infantry war. My partner was Atreides, and I was Ordos. Draconis map. I protected my partner against the other two players, who were Atreides and Hark. Then I just slowly advanced and took them both out. I know I convinced them that Ordos rules in infantry war.

it's just all those damn rules.

1) no attacking harvs

4) no house fremen

Infantry wars are best played on non spice maps ( so no harvs ) and using fremen will prolong the battle time.

I still remember a inf battle that lasted over 210 minutes because those invisible fremen were included.

About those other rules you can make an arrangement before starting the game to make it more interesting.

And do not start moving all infantry at the same time because it creates major lag...