C&C Generals, going gold as fast as WCIII?

ken124578

I think more then 20,000 signed up. Not just the people on the forum signed up. If you look at Renegade, somewhere close to 70,000 people signed up for the beta.

Then again, the C&C community has always been large. However, reading the Generals forum, it doesn't mean it's that a good community. I'd rather have a community like this one. An occasional flame between good posts, instead of on the Generals forum an occasional good post amongst loads of useless topics :)

Anyways, maybe it'll go gold, but I have serious doubts. I realy think a lot of users are going to be dissapointed by the performance of the game. And let's not forget the cheaters that'll come over from RA2 and Yuri. People will start to scream and yell, while EAP won't (or isn't) be able to do anything about it...

Well, I for one plan to buy it. I wasn't aware WarCraft III had reached "gold". How many copies do you have to sell to do that? ???

The term "gone gold" means "sent off to press" as in sending the game off to get mass copies. I've never heard it used to describe the number of copies sold of a game...either I'm left outside the loop here or nyar is smoking crack :-*

hmm Warcraft III is the best selling PC game ever.

LOL! No... ::) It has, last I checked, sold less than 3 million copies. RA1 and StarCraft have both sold over 5 million. It's the fastest selling (1 million copies in the first week or two! :O), but not the best selling.

hmm Warcraft III is the best selling PC game ever.

LOL! No... ::) It has, last I checked, sold less than 3 million copies. RA1 and StarCraft have both sold over 5 million. It's the fastest selling (1 million copies in the first week or two! :O), but not the best selling.

keep in mind that starcraft is 5 year old now.. RA1 6 or 7 already

The undisputed best selling PC game of all time, is NOT warcraft 3 (lol) it is that hunk of trash they like to call "the sims" :O Yes I know this for a fact, so dont question it!

yes, but in time/number of sellings comparison Warcraft 3 is better. And Diablo II before that... hah i even saw it in the Guiness book of records