Worth $9.99?

Battlestar

I recently saw this game at EB for 9.99. I was wondering if it was worth getting? Its the jewel case version (no box) but the manual looks pretty big.

I'm getting Emperor for christmas so I was thinking this would be a good one to get along with it. What are your thought?

Thanks.

What type of game pad do you mean? Like a contoller or like a speed pad? I use the Belkin nostromo N50 speed pad with most of my games along with the mouse. You just program the nostrom and it acts like the keyboard. It gives you a 10 key set up with a R G B shift a mouse wheel and 8 way directional thingy. So in all you have up to 57 different commands and you can do a macro to instead of keystroke. Its pretty cool... you'd think it would make me a better gamer :P ^-^ ;D

• 2 months later...

Hard to say, grafical it's not that big of a masterpiece.. . althought if you'd say it's an upgrade or new version from the orgionall Dune it suddenly looks quit good. And althought the game has been designed as an adventure, it has the same restrictions as most other games in that genre, the route you have to follow to compleat the game is a fixed one, no creativety, no varuaty. . .just followd the breath crums, from A to B to C. Then for the good part. If you're in to adventure games, and in to Dune. . .you get a pretty nice feel of controle in a way. Really moing a carracter from the Dune univers, in the Dune univers. Following the story line a bit globally and with some adjustments but still recognisable.

The first ever computer game CD I bought was the origional Dune game, for just about 5 Euro's. [ about the equivalent in Dollars ] And I had fun with it all day, all night and all the hours I should have been at school. I even missed a who night sleep when I [ after having the game for a few days ] discovered the film clips "hidden" in the book. At that time, the game was defeniately worth the few Euro's it costed. I even bought a second copy a few months after that. Now Frank Herbert's Dune. When I played the game, I liked it. It some how remembered me to the first Dune game. And as such, I loved it. Who cares about the knive that's basically useless, the grafics that can be a pain when you have a sligthly out-of-date grafics card [ at the time of release ]. And a plot that's basically just following point layed out for you. The only downside. . . I payed 50 Euro's for the game. Althought I didn't mind it myself. To be hounest for a non-Dune gamer [ and some one who has to spend a week's wage or 3 months pocked money on it ] the gane would be a total rip of. Would it be worth $10 ? I don't know. If you're a Dune fan I think it will be. If not, try to find it for about $5.

• 2 weeks later...

When in doubt read reviews:

http://www.pcgamer.com/reviews/archives/review_2002-12-30y.html

I am a big fan of Dune, but that does not mean I will play a game based on the series if it is flawed and most importantly not fun. At $10 I think it's a no brainer at this point especially since you seem really interested in the title. If you don't like it at least you did not pay full price.

• 2 weeks later...

woa bad... I tried looking for it for Ps2 but couldn't find but seeing it got a 25% I think I'll go ahead and buy my sweet sweet planetside later (when it comes out, and it better come out soon damn it sony!)

possible one reviewed the PC version and the other the PS2 version? Or are both versions exactly the same? I rate the PC version about a 7 - 7.5 it would get more if the game was a bit longer. Maybe they will make an expansion now that Sci-Fi released Children of Dune.