Did anyone see Dune?

Dunenewt

Huh... then I must be lucky, that I'm a Hungarian. Because we have the miniseries and the movie here too. I've purchased the Lynch film a few months ago (the Hungarian version) and after a few weeks the original English Dune arrived from my Australian ( ;D ) relatives...  ;D So it is a cool feeling to "bathe" in Dune films...  8)

Few my friends too don`t know whats Dune is...

Worm - something to catch fish on;

Fremen - free men;

Melange - what???

This is one of my friend answer when I was talking about Dune. But when I talking about Palpatine and Darth Vader everybody knows the topic >:( If they know Dune they know it cos they play Emperor not cos they saw movie.

DAMN!!

I video'd it the first time it was on C4, many years ago, but the beginning got taped over (not by me).

"cos they play  Emperor not cos they saw movie"

Let alone read the book....

There are more dune fans in England (probably bcause FH was English...), so it isn't too bad here. But the film is the most 'popular' introduction to dune, here. Emp barely figures.

There's only 2 Dune fans in Lithuania - me and <<Baron Harkonnen>>...

For me it was so : Played Dune2k, then Emperor , then when I was in Spain on my holidays I found HH, then quickly baught Atreides... Then baught House Corrino in Germany (cause there'r none Dune books in Lithuania) then my grandma sent me the whole colection of FH Dune from Israel... Now I have all Dune books (except Dune Encyclopedia) ever released  8) ;)

Hmm, if you really don't know what to do, you can order it by a specialized shop. Dune Lynch. But I say it isn't worth that. But I think you peopel are more curious about the movie then you really want just to see it.