Perfect Mentats.

TMA_1

I thought that brad dourif did the best job ever as playing a mentat. The look, the way they acted. He played a completely eccentric, but at the same time a completely genius character. anybody agree? Granted it wasnt an oscar worthy movie but he was my favorite character in the movie.

I agree entirely.  mr. Dourif was an amazing Piter.  I love that scene where the Baron asks where the Duke's ring is and, for a brief moment, Piter loses control, smashing the table with his fist.  After a second or so, he recomposes himself to say in his singsong, tenor voice "he was brought to us as is, my Baron".

Brad Dourif himself is my favourite actor.  He was excellent in Aliens Ressurection (Dr. Gediman), Star Trek Voyager (Sudor - the only episodes worth watching were the Sudor episodes), and Myst 3: Exile (Saavedro), among others, of course.

I disagree. I loved Sting as Feyd. He was the best, when he had that fight with Paul. He was jumping, as and shouting: "I will kill him!!" And that totally mad smile on his face, when he came out of the steam-bath! I think he was good too!

Yes, Paul was good too, but my other favourite is the Baron! He was great! He pretended the evil and mad Baron the best I've ever seen! The guy in the minisries was just a big pile of lard and stupidity.

Yes, Paul was good too, but my other favourite is the Baron! He was great! He pretended the evil and mad Baron the best I've ever seen! The guy in the minisries was just a big pile of lard and stupidity.

In the Movie he was made out to be evil, disgusting, and of horrid nature, just like in the books. But in the Mini_Series, he was just an opposing political figure. But I still liked the miniseries for many reasons.

Yeah, it's really a toss-up between the movie and the miniseries...I really liked them both, for different reasons.

One great mentat (I hope), will be Hayt in CoD.  Duncan Idaho wasn't really eloborated very much in the miniseries *or* movie, and it will be nice to see part of the re-evolutions of one of my favorite characters, the *true* "hero" of Dune.

Acting in Lynch was really good. I think that the best were: Paul (much better that the one in miniseries, in the miniseries he was at the begining too careless, with legs on table and oher like this), Sting was good although different that in book (mainly appereance, the way that he played this was good) and Piter.

I hate to say it but of all the great scenes of either movie or miniseries of Dune the greatest was the mini when paul says "You have no idea" with a smile of transendence. It sends chills down your spine.

i thought sting was really good in lynch's, but the baron and rabban were also played well in lynch's. But the Weirding way was messed up in the miniseries.

how was weirding way messes messed up?

the wierding way in movie was messed up if that is what that machine that blow up stuff if you said something.

i always thought that the weirding way was the module and when you spoke the word, it came out like a gun. But in the mini-series it was like a really fast movement. This was in the books, but wasn't it also in the books that when the harkonnens took down the shields to attack the atreides on arrakis they shut down the weirding modules?

okay first off there is no mention of the weirding modules in the series of Dune books. Also the weirding way is not like how it was in the mini. My goodness they got way too starwars there for my taste. It doesnt work that way. It isnt superhuman. It is just going to the limits of human control and movement. manipulating and altering environments around you and whatnot.