armor

technocrat

pff piece of crap, if i had an armor that stops knives i would kill a sardaukar myself.. he may have the first strike but mine will hurt as well... and he won't even pierce my armor...

If a Sardukar really does get the first move, he could easily kill you by:

a)Using those shigawire hidden between his hair and cut your head/helmet off from your body/armor...

b)Just giving you a slight cut by slashing the joints of the armor. The cut won't kill, but the posion will.

pff piece of crap, if i had an armor that stops knives i would kill a sardaukar myself.. he may have the first strike but mine will hurt as well... and he won't even pierce my armor...

a)Using those shigawire hidden between his hair and cut your head/helmet off from your body/armor...

b)Just giving you a slight cut by slashing the joints of the armor. The cut won't kill, but the posion will.

Look, armor designed in 10,000 AD to stop close combat weapon would be:

uncutable with anything much less an wire(wire will thin out)

not vuanerable at joints

these are armors used today TO STOP BULLETS NOT KNIFE:

http://www.howstuffworks.com/body-armor1.htm

http://www.howstuffworks.com/body-armor.htm

http://matrix.dumpshock.com/raygun/armor/armor.html

if you stab some one with a kendja blade and they are whareing a bullet proof vest. it will go through the vest. there made to resist(not even stop) bullets by spreading out the impact and cushioning the impact point.

A knife with its focused point could press through it with enough force.

Bullet proof vests are made to help. They dont work all the time. 1/5 mid calibur rounds will go through.

and even if they do stop. Its not like ur going to get up and start shooting again. often people get broken ribs ect from the impact.

:)

ach pfff, hard to believe..

and now let's compare a sardaukar vs. a sardaukar... a standard one vs. an armored one... i bet that the armored one would have an easy time killing the other one

The unarmored would have an easy time killing the armored because the armored is sluggish, preventing him from killing the quick and swift unarmored. Wait till the armored is tired, then knock him out from a kick to the side head a couple of times, then pry his armor off, then do as you wish.

... they are in the year 10000 whatever.. they invented energy shields but they banned computers and whatsoever... do you realy think they couldn't think of an armor a lot lighter than they were in the middle ages?

hell, the armor that our special troops wear now are so strong that a bullet cannot go through and light enough to make quite some speed... If armor was useless, THEN WHY DO THEY USE IT!

It isn't useless, but it does have the obvious restrictions. If we did have armor 10,000 years ahead so advanced that we could wear it like skin all over so we would be impenetrable to any shrapnel, knives, and rounds what would have been the use of the shields?

It isn't useless, but it does have the obvious restrictions. If we did have armor 10,000 years ahead so advanced that we could wear it like skin all over so we would be impenetrable to any shrapnel, knives, and rounds what would have been the use of the shields?

you ask me that? I have the most questions about the story of everyone ;)

I did not say as light as skin though.. just lighter armor that can stop simple weapons like knives.

Don't get me wrong, i love the story but none of it all seems to be very logical to me

If it has any weight on the skin, it henders movement. Wearing pants rather than shorts when running far distances can hender your performance slightly. And it all makes sense when you think about it, just another possibility to look forward to in the future 8)

But to protect against stuff like Krys knives you would need it to be very tough and getting something like that to be light would be very hard. don'tcha think?

? what's so special about krys knives... even if they were a bit sharper it would still not penetrate armor.. c'mon it's a tooth.

a lightsaber cannot even penetrate it ;)

a lightsaber cannot even penetrate it ;)

Hit a shield with a Lightsaber? Well a Lightsabers a laser and if you strike a shield 0with a laser it explodes like a nuclear bomb.

:) :) :)

One of my favorite subjects. We hashed that little detail out in Fan Fic about six months or so ago. If you like, hunt up a thread called "A Sword MAster Vs A Jedi". Ahh...those were the days ;)

Imagine that the light sabre is more like a Holtzman shield, only in a sword shape. Does that help?