RED ALERT 2 - or - EMPEROR:battle for dune?????

Guest Eric E.

If that's Your real opinion You're quite Uninformed,

Warcraft 3 Is way more advanced then Emperor or any other westwood game for that matter. The fact alone that Warcraft has the ''Custom'' game is cool, You can do alot like tower defence etc..Emperor is just a basic strat game. Although i never played emperor, i still think warcraft beats it because it has So many diffrent game types.

Regards,

Eric E.

Guest Eric E.

hello,

You never played Emperor and you say it's bad?

Well my brother has played it alot and i just happen to observe sometimes ;).

The Emperor graphics are indeed better then the Red alert 2 graphics, But Red alert 2 has a better engine. Further more, Red alert 2 has been sold more then emperor(that has got to mean something). But you're right about one thing though, i don't know much about emperor, but i was talking about the graphics and such. I just mixed it in with warcraft 3 cause that was a better example(Cause marcel71 said):

''No other game currently available beats emperor''

And i din't say Emperor was bad, i said it wasen't something new when the game came out,

Regards

Eric E.

Guest Eric E.

tiidian read my previous post.....

And i gave the good and the bad points about emperor/Red alert 2

But i haven't played emperor (myself) yet, so i can't say anything about the ''game-play'' yet.

Warcraft 3 Is way more advanced then Emperor or any other westwood game for that matter. The fact alone that Warcraft has the ''Custom'' game is cool, You can do alot like tower defence etc..Emperor is just a basic strat game. Although i never played emperor, i still think warcraft beats it because it has So many diffrent game types.

Regards,

Eric E.

you've never played emp, but you're critizing it. thats odd. this isnt a WC3 forum, its Dune Related, not some WC3. thats why theres a gaming forum. besides, Emp is better because it doesnt require a geforce x MXxxxxx (x=variable) to make it look good (ie, geforce 3 Ti and up)

But if you DO have a geforce 3 or 4 you can play war3 better than emperor.. with the same system.. Emperor needs a fast comp but no realy needs a good GFX card.. War3 is more of the opposite.. Reasonable comp.. good GFX card recommended

I vote for Emperor. ;)

Regards,

Eric E.

??? First of all, you think, that Emperor is bad, although you never played it? ???

Secondly, I like Emperor more, cause you can really waste your units... there is no food-limit or anything like that. Playing W3 you can lose 30 units, but playing Emperor you can even lose 30 units till you're near the enemy's base (although you probably would lose. :P )

Guest Eric E.

Regards,

Eric E.

you've never played emp, but you're critizing it. thats odd. this isnt a WC3 forum, its Dune Related, not some WC3. thats why theres a gaming forum. besides, Emp is better because it doesnt require a geforce x MXxxxxx (x=variable) to make it look good (ie, geforce 3 Ti and up)

Hello,

You are not making any sense, i was talking about Dune and Red Alert 2, i brought up warcraft 3 cause some people mentioned ''other games''. I have observed enough Emperor battles to say i know a thing or two about Emperor. Emperor doesn't require a good graphics card? Look in the preview about emperor on your Red alert 2 Cd, and check out the graphics, try to get those results with a regular 8 MB graphic card and your da man.

Regards,

Eric E.

true.. but in war3 you just fight with less men...

just think of it as if you are a lieutenant and you command an army of 20 men... isn't in that case every single man under your command your best friend.. if you lose him you lose a piece of your heart..

In war3 war isn't taken seriously so it's not as bad as i just described

If you've played one of the Close Combat games or Myth or something you'll know what i mean

That's how Dungeon Siege was--great game and incredible graphics, by the way. When you lost one of your group, especially after that person had traveled far on the journey with you, it was tough. It was very nice if you had a mage with resurrect power, though.

hmm true... but it's not comparable to close combat..

i played close combat III and IV... and believe me.. every single soldier in your army has a realistic morale.. a realistic skill

soldiers not only carry guns.. some soldiers have rifles. other have submachine guns.. few have snipers. most groups have grenades or satchel charges.. or molotov cocktails.. it is a realy realistic group of soldiers.. if you give a group of soldiers to storm the hill and fight some tanks... don't be surprised that they won't even move... they won't listen to you.. they're not nuts. If you order them to go from house to house they'll like that much better. Also if a tank comes and blows up most of the squad.. the remaining soldiers won't fight on.. they will surrender or flee. Every group in close combat has officers.. this is kinda funny. Snipers for instance always try to kill the highest officer in the group. this lowers the morale of the whole group in no time.. i mean.. c'mon if i was 2nd in command and i saw my superior been sniped.. and you know you're next. you will feel very good

true.. but in war3 you just fight with less men...

just think of it as if you are a lieutenant and you command an army of 20 men... isn't in that case every single man under your command your best friend.. if you lose him you lose a piece of your heart..

In war3 war isn't taken seriously so it's not as bad as i just described

If you've played one of the Close Combat games or Myth or something you'll know what i mean

In war3 you don't feel like every unit is your friend... or at least I don't. I would prefer games like Soldiers of Anarchy, if I wanted to feel this feelings. But War3 is still a very good game... although I only play custom games. ;)

i guess you are partly right about that.. i know you don't feel THAT close to your soldiers.. but compared to Emperor for instance you do.. In emperor i only feel close to my elite units.. the others can go to hell.

like i said. Myth and Close Combat games feel very close since every soldier is an individual. it has a name, and a morale (the morale is a great thing)