Microsoft's lame ways to get free advertising

zamboe

This happened in NY city.

On Thursday, Microsoft plastered hundreds of butterfly decals, measuring 12 to 20 inches in width, on sidewalks, doorways, traffic signals and stop lights primarily in midtown, hundreds of butterfly decals used to promote the company's new MSN 8 Internet service.

Now they've "apologized", however the news impact is by far greater than the simple placement of decals. So they got "exactly" what they wanted, a big impact on news, regarding it's new software. No matter if it's a good impact or a bad impact, following the old saying "No matter if they speak bad or good about it, they just have to talk about it".

So Microsoft, so lame

Microsoft is the most logical choice in the market now.No matter what you think of it, other OS systems cant compete. They arent as compatible, They usually copy the graphics layout of microsoft "Lindows". Companies like microsoft are amazing. No matter what you think of them. They used to be the underdog.I still love them now. I remember only using MS Dos. I remember when I perfered it over windows 3.1 . Those were the days.lol

I happen to think positively for microsoft for the fact they paved the way for the technology we have today - whether they did it by legit means is another story, but the continuing promise for new products to a software savvy market is a hard task.

Ok, they're full of bugs and things dont always work, but if people sat down for a few minutes and wondered how all the bits and bobs are stitched together - something like a billion lines of code hewn together like a black jigsaw puzzle, its a marvel in itself that microsoft have taken the flak and survived as long as they have - it means they take their products seriously. Other software houses are not so quite committed

I think MS have come off age now, this XP Pro I have here gets hammered to bits cos thats what I do - work it. It's only failed with the blue screen of death twice in the last 4 months with no loss of data.

With previous variants I've not been lucky, so it is testament that MS are doing their bit for a cleaner/saner IT world regardless if they are soiling it with novel marketing methods.

Good for them.