Coming Future

Sardauker-Kirov

Don't be so sure that the Afghan people is so enthusiastic about this liberation...

oh, I am sure of it. The oppressors, of course dont like it, but the people do. Or were you not watching your television to see the city of Kabul flooded with jubilant rejoicing and women who could finally walk in public with dignity. Did you see the smiles on their faces? Did you read my quotes above from Chairman Hamid Karzai on behalf of Afghan leaders and its people thanking the UN (specifically the US) for what it did to save the Afghan people? Did you see the grateful reactions of the people now that the stadium in Kabuhl is once again used for soccer instead of public executions?

To anyone who thinks Afghanistan should have never been liberated (and I am not saying this is you, Edric): go tell that to a classroom full of little girls who dont have to worry about being executed for being educated and see what they think of you.

Not that I disagree with that, but don't put so much trust in the media Emprworm.

I remember that just after 09/11 the news broadcasted images of islamic children dancing and celebrating in school. The comment was something like "after hearing about the planes, the response is surprisingly happy".

It turned out they were on the brink of some islamic holiday- Ramadan, I don't remember precisely. Though the media apologysed and said it was "a misinterpretation", I think it was quie obvious they were trying to make muslims look bad.

earthnuker, Muslims do not celebrate Ramadan in that fashion. The celebration was in direct response to the liberation. This is irrefutable especially in light of the women who were not wearing purdah. And since the rejoicing was during daylight hours, Ramadan has absolutely nothing to do with it. The real issue is that anti-american websites report that kind of thing to draw attention away from the true celebration that actually occured. The undisputable fact of their celbration due to their liberation is confirmed in the following speech given by the AFghan Leaders to the UN forces, which was broadcasat worldwide directly out of their own mouths wihtout any commentary.

Such postulation (that they were celebrating a muslim holiday) is not true .

As far as Pakistan, they celebrated the attack on the US. I dont see what else it could be. Again, celebrations of Ramadan in that fashion do not happen. Ramadan celebrations occur only after sunset.

The apologies made were not by the US media, but by Paskistan.

Kirov, yes they celebrated the US led UN liberation of Afghanistan. BUt don't take my word for it, take the AFghan people's word for it:

"I am thankful to the American people, to the government, for giving us this opportunity, for helping to rebuild...Let's hope that this flag will be there forever and that the partnership between the American and the Afghan people will be forever. That is what the Afghan people have been asking for, and I too ask for that. "

-Afghan Interim Authority Chairman Hamid Karzai Speaking to members of the Afghan delegation

The main problem is Kirov is your hatred for US is so bad, you are willing to make up lies just so you can justify your hatred. but hatred only hurts you in the end.

Afghan Interim Authority Chairman Hamid Karzai Speaking to members of the Afghan delegation

"I am thankful to the American people, to the government, for giving us this opportunity, for helping to rebuild...Let's hope that this flag will be there forever and that the partnership between the American and the Afghan people will be forever. That is what the Afghan people have been asking for, and I too ask for that. "

LOL, off-course he will say that after he got a high position from America. I would tell the same and then kill all my opponents in the country.

Don't forget, it was America who helped the Taliban to rule over Afghanistan before!

LOL, off-course he will say that after he got a high position from America.

uhh, he has the support of the Afghan people. Their government is now a democracy. He was already popular with the people before he was given a shared position of authority. What, you think that we just pulled some guy off the street and said "HEY YOU, COME OVER HERE AND BE A LEADER!" The people were already supporting him to begin with.

LOL :D Cmon, start thinking with your mind for once and not with your emotional bias against America. I dont care if you hate america, but when you let it get in the way of being intelligent, then things start degrading.

I would tell the same and then kill all my opponents in the country.

well that is because you are a vile, disgusting person, similar to the Taliban. I'm glad that such is not the case any more in Afghanistan, and people better than you are representing the greater will of the people.

Don't forget, it was America who helped the Taliban to rule over Afghanistan before!

false.

The liberation of Afghanistan should have happened a lot sooner, IMO.

But Emprworm, you are too intelligent to believe that Bush liberated Afghanistan out of the kindness of his heart. He was only looking out for his own interests (having a good public image), and just happened to do a good thing in the process.

But Emprworm, you are too intelligent to believe that Bush liberated Afghanistan out of the kindness of his heart.

i never made any such comment about Bush's personal motives. I dont care about his motives, I know about my motives only. And what the UN did was a good thing. Though you know how much I despise the UN, I give credit when they do something good- i am not that narrow to just criticize the UN no matter what. When they do something good, I acknowledge it and I dont care about motives. Regardless of motives, the RIGHT thing was done, and that is what matters in the end. And if you are implying Bush is an evil man, I think that is far too harsh.

He is not an evil person, though I do not know what all his motives were.

earthnuker, Muslims do not celebrate Ramadan in that fashion.

I know, I was pointing out not to trust anything to much, even if you see it happen on TV. I don't know what it was what those kids were happy about right after 09/11, but it was something innocent as I recall, and they weren't happy about those thousends of deaths as the media said.