Hard Missions

dczx

Hi,

I'm playing Emporer and am having some troubles with the single player game as Atredies. It seems that many of the missions I pick I either have to strike the enemy base early and fast and if I try to build up a force, they usually get too powerful... any ideas for strategy or pointers to some strategy?

thanks

Well with every territory, there are certain places where units enter (or leave) the map. This depends on how many territories border that particular territory, and how your units enter the map depend on which territory you attack from. If you don't like building up a large force, or stretching out the battle for a long time, then simply rush all your units to the enemy base at the start of the game, and kill everything except for their refinery and barracks. Then you can just build up your base elsewhere until you have everything up to a hanger (anything like the starport or palace won't be carried over to future missions in the same territory). Then you can just kill the enemy! ;D

Note: You should build your base where the enemy base Ordos base originally is on the map: 'Gara Kulon'. If you let the Ordos build up their forces and their base, then it becomes very difficult to beat them with Atreides, due to the location of the spice fields, and the worms the like to eat up your minos.

in one harkonenn mission, when its dark, you can rush with your mino and sand bikes and you will find like 12 sard coffins, and the other guy has just buildings and maybe an assault tank.

it seems the night missions are easier.... ???

You must be talking about Baklawa Flats. There are lots of Sardaukar crates lying around the Imperial Palace, and you can just pick them up and rush. That's why I always love being attacked at Baklawa Flats (or attacking the territory), because it's just so easy to take all the Sardaukar and kill the AI straight away. :D ;D ;)

There is no such thing as a HARD mission. This game involves your mind. Thats why god gave us a brain and not anything else. (At least not much of a brain to everything else) So you can either just rush, Build a perfect defense and airdrop your best unit, or you can use your environment to your advantage.

Using the envirement to your advantouge? I have never seen an worm joining your side and eat up some enemy units, or an Tornado turning into your colour and is raging through the enemie's base.

I think he meant features like high ground, (range bonus), infantry rock, (infantry armor, damage, uncrushable etc,) and dust bowls (dust scout advantage) etc, etc.

Using the envirement to your advantouge? I have never seen an worm joining your side and eat up some enemy units, or an Tornado turning into your colour and is raging through the enemie's base.

The worm isnt part of the environment. And if my posting wasnt that clear, i ment the landscape