Ram utility program

zamboe

dRAMatic

freeRAMXP

freeRAM Pro

Start - Shutdown Restart

etc

but a ram cleaner ius useless unless you have little ram in compar to your Operating System, for example, it may be useful if on windows XP you have 128 ram, but it won't be useful if you have 256 ram, etc

clean RAM memory? i don't understand the purpose. RAM memory is cleared constantly and stays empty when you shut down the pc. I don't understand what you mean

I think the utilities that are mentioned here are not really cleaning the memory, but freeing unused memory on running systems. I use Free Mem Pro on my Windows 98 system and it is very useful. At all times it runs in my sys tray and if the amount of free memory ever goes too low for my liking I just open the program and free memory (re-allocate). Windows 9x and below have terrible memory management support. That's one reason that you can't run Windows 9X systems longer than a few days without having to reboot. The system doesn't think you have any memory left and keeps allocating virtual memory, but in all reality Windows is too stupid to realize that program X no longer needs 64Meg of memory since it is no longer running.