Chess vs Go

Acriku

Ok, since we were arguing this in some other unimportant thread ( ;)) I decided to make a thread for it.

Onto the debate!

First off, chess is an art. All artists are not chess players, but all chess players are artists. You could never get tired of chess because it's so damn fun. Millions upon millions of permutations to figure out, unexpected moves, captures, pins, discovered checks, etc. I can play chess all day, and walk away feeling great - a loser or a winner. It's just great.

Post your views.

I thought this was about board games, not computer games/electronics.

You should be ashamed of yourslef Ex, being Fed2k staff and all, going offtopic ;)

Back on topic though ;D

Chess is great in that you don't have to fully understand it to be alright at it, like I said before, you have to think ahead to beable to win.

okay not many of you know what go is. Your a jackass twin head so shut up.lol

This is what go is to jog your guy's memories. It is played on a 19 by 19 line grid. One player has black stones and the other has white stones. You take turns positioning your stones all over the board and your goal is to encircle your enemy to defeat him. it is the oldest board game ever devised. It is considered the most complex and beautiful of board games and takes a lifetime to master. here is a link to it.

http://www.jadedragon.com/archives/entertainment/go.html

Many great stratagests of china such as sun tzu and zuegeliang spent countless hours of their lives for the mastery of this game. It is beautiful and symbolic of this world.

Now to Acriku's crappy old chess.lol ;)

I can guarantee no one can beat me in chess that posts on here, and likes Go better. Good chess games earlier Ex, you had a good set on the second game but made some bad mistakes. Oh well, just relish on this for a few hours:

In the end, the king and pawns all go back to the same place.

I like Tic Tac Toe...

LOL, but seriously, I don't think I've ever played Go, but it sounds nice. I learned enough of Chess to play with the basic rules and strategies, but I'm not very good at thinking 20 turns ahead... 8)