Favorite LOTR Characters?

DarkElf49

Who/what where your favorite LOTR characters in the books and in the movie(s)?

Fellow Ship of the Ring: Well, I liked Legolas throught all the books, but I didn't 3have any favorite characters in this book.

The movie: They made Aragorn look pretty cool, and of corse Legolas was the best.

The Two Towers: The Ents where fasinating, they in themselves could have inspired Tolkin to write more, but then he dieded. Then Gimili and Legolas where interesting in this book.

The movie: I look forward to seeing the battles the most, but the ents are also going to be pretty good.

(Ex, don't start bashing this as I fear you are for some reason)

Aww come on, I think Ex could make a great contribution to this thread...

I'm not exactly sure who my favorite character is, but I'm leaning towards Sam. He's the only thing that kept/keeps Frodo going in the depths of the Dark Lord's territory.

I also think Gollum earns an honorable mention, but it'd be a spoiler for me to tell you why ;)

Boromir, why? because he is the human that i think is cool. He is strong and loyal. And he fights for the future of the world and his race. Besides he is a great sword fighter and has cool clothes/beard and stuff in the movie. And in the book they say that elves are taller than humans but humans are tougher, stronger and thats what i like about boromir. I feel bad that he died in the end of the first movie

Hehe, 1 question: Who thought inmediatiliy of Agent Smith of the Matrix when you saw Lord Elrond the first time?... Man you can it in his face, he was born to be Agent Smith...

I like Gandalf the most, and it is a bit pity that he was defeated by a creature of fire, his speciality...

Spoiler: [hide]Ok, not defeated, he will come back, but I can't said that loud eh? :)[/hide]

And I like Merigrin too... He is intelligent though...

Hmmmmmmmm, this is a very tough choice. But I think that I will have to go with Frodo Baggins of the Shire. He was awesome in the books and the movie. But second would be a tie between Bilbo, Aragorn, Legolas, and Gandalf. Just because I love Aragorn for the role he plays, the exiled heir, the heir to the throne of gondor and all of the men of the west. I loved Legolas because of his Agility, Endurance, Lightened Heart, and His skill with the bow. He also played a great role in the books. Gandalf I loved for his wisdom, and for the role that he plays. I did also like how nobody in Bag End was happy with him because of him getting Bilbo into bad habbits. But I loved Bilbo because he started it all. He was the one who found the ring, the one who defeated Gollum, and the one who stayed in it all to the end. And I also liked Meridoc Brandybuck(Merry), and Perigrin Took(Pippin) because of their wisdom. ;D No, but I thought the funniest scene in the movie is when Pippin stops to eat breakfast and Aragorn says, "We do not stop till nightfall" "But what about Breakfast" "You already had it" "Yes, we've had one, but what about second breakfast?" Aragorn turns around and keeps walking, then Merry turns to Pippin and says "I don't think he knows about second breakfast" "But what about Brunch, Elevensies, Afternoon tea, Supper, he knows about those doesn't he?" "I don't think so" Merry turns around and an apple flys into his hand. "Here you go" as he gives it to Pippin, then turns around to walk away, and an apple flies and hits Pippin in the head. Well enough of that. ;D

Aww come on, I think Ex could make a great contribution to this thread...

I'm not exactly sure who my favorite character is, but I'm leaning towards Sam. He's the only thing that kept/keeps Frodo going in the depths of the Dark Lord's territory.

I also think Gollum earns an honorable mention, but it'd be a spoiler for me to tell you why ;)

me bash?

ha! never!

My faverite character is frodo........there....

DAMIT! cant take the pressure....Frodo...rotating over a fire his flesh bursting and charring and screems of mercy and make it stop pleeese echo from his mouth.... :)