Graphics glitch

Ok I've downloaded the correct driver, but when I try to install it an error dialog box pops up which says: "A device attached to the system is not functioning". I can't install it!! Perhaps there is something wrong with my motherboard then? :O

Not good. Are you sure your motherboard is a K7S5A? The question from Nyar about whether your video card is PCI or AGP needs to be answered also. That driver won't help if your video card is PCI.

Not good. Are you sure your motherboard is a K7S5A? The question from Nyar about whether your video card is PCI or AGP needs to be answered also. That driver won't help if your video card is PCI.

How do I determine whether my video card is PCI or AGP? We're talking about the new 64Mb GeForce II aren't we? Not the old Voodoo II 12Mb? I'm pretty sure my motherboard is a K7S5A. When the computer was purchased, a CD rom with drivers that was specifically for the K7S5A motherboard components (sound card, etc, etc) came with it. I don't think they would have given us the CD for the wrong motherboard.

This is the only game that has this problem yes. I don't overclock anything, because if I were to do so at this stage with my knowledge of hardware, then that would be just asking for trouble. I don't tamper with hardware, I'm too scared I could wreck it. :P

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here are the things that are running in the background while I'm playing Emperor. I don't have any programs that I know of running while Emperor is running (like Anti-virus, etc, etc), and this was taken while I alt-tabbed out of Emperor and press Ctrl+Alt+Delete.

Dune

Explorer

~ef7194

Loadqm

Systray

Rundll

Emperor