Going spastic in the first 5 minutes of a game

IxianMace

I was wondering how effective going spastic with lots of units in the first 5 minutes of the game would be? For example, the Ordos Chemical Trooper owns light infantry, so 15 chemical troopers and some dust scouts could wipe out an Atreides base quite quickly simply because Atreides anti-infantry isn't as effective or can't be produced as quickly as the Ordos counterpart. Also, the Buzzsaw/Trooper combination in a quick rush could wipe out an Ordos or Atreides base if executed properly. After the other player is defending desperately and losing buildings and units, you just keep sending stuff non-stop. (This is of course, on a small map with 30k to start with, no pre-built). What do you think of these so called 'spastic' attacks? Do you use them? If so, what do you use, and how effective is it?

Oh yes... I've seen and done it many times. The first times were against me. But later... :)

Ordos are really good for them. But Buzzsaws also, but give some Assault Tanks with them.

The disadvantage of the Atreides that they can't hardly to this. Except on small maps, in the very beginning. Let the Snipers take out the infantery and move forward the Kindjals to destroy the buildings. But this most be done before the enemy can build a turret!

The Ordos can do this good with Chem Troopers, although I didn't found them very reliable, so I attacked a few minutes later. But now with loads of Dust Scouts. Taking out all tanks and infantery and turrets. And a few laser Tanks ofcourse. They rule against any building. And also turrets. But this must be done before the enemy has enough Turrets or Mino's/Kobra's/Assault Tanks

And for the Harkonnen, build lots of Buzzsaws, but don't forget those Assault Tanks. And bring Troopers with you, but take care with them

(With Ordos, Troopers won't work, they destroy the entire speed advantage)

No no, rushing is slightly different to 'going spastic'. Rushing is when you organize a group of units and attack key elements of the enemy defence or economy etc etc. I'm talking about times when you just built a whole bunch of units in large numbers, quickly at the start of the game, and then click on the enemy units with all of your units selected until the enemy is dead. :D ;D

Well to me, rushing takes more of a battle plan that just going to the enemy base with lots of units and going wild. If the enemy had a good defence, then you'd probably break your teeth with a spastic attack. However, rushes are better planned, more organized, and involve more thought into what it sets out to achieve in my opinion. :-