Unusual signs of Emperor Battle for Dune

IxianMace

You know those unusual little signs floating around the background of the main screen of Emperor Battle for Dune? Do they mean anything? Where did they come from? What language are they in? Or did they just pop out from nowhere and not mean anything. I'm asking this because I remember seeing similar signs in one of the movies to Dune 2000, (where the Ordos mentat Edric O is calculating your probabilities about being an Atreides spy or a Harkonnen terrorist and the signs are flashing on the large screen behind him).

I don't know what they are. But the Dune universe is pretty in-depth. Frank Herbert put a lot into background of the dune story, so I doubt Westwood could get away with 'inventing' symbols and getting away with it under the fan-base's nose(though it is possible). Are there any Developers of Emperor in this forum?

No, they don't look after Emperor anymore. So they will not come here.

But I think the signs are just decoration. You can see that the array's keep repeating in the same order. So no message to search for

True, it would be nice if they actually had a meaning... Any Dune fans about that could compare the characters to those in the books?

Also, MegaPaw, did you count all the rows on all the different screens or wherever they appear, I think I recall the same characters being displayed on all the screens but still, you never know

Those signs are just there to prevent lawsuits against people who sued Westwood/EA for causing them to go legally insane due to the immense and unequalled boredom they are compelled to feel while waiting for a game of Emperor (which takes forever)

Those signs are just there to prevent lawsuits against people who sued Westwood/EA for causing them to go legally insane due to the immense and unequalled boredom they are compelled to feel while waiting for a game of Emperor (which takes forever)

Navaros, your comment was funny... after I read it ten times trying to figure out what you were trying to say. Taken litteraly you said that the letters were there to prevent Westwood/EA from suing people who sued them for boredom (does'nt make much sense). Sentence is too long and there are too many undefined references to 'they'.

Navaros, you probably don't know what the game had to load. Otherwise you won't complain. And those decorations are there indeed, so you can watch something. Ever tried to watch for 5 min. to only a black screen?

The name is familiar, but I've never seen text or characters in Galach or anything similar to the characters in Emperor Battle for Dune that actually makes any sense. Perhaps someone has an archive full of letters that can be translated into English? 8)

ah it's not hard to read that. It says like: We are westwood, we will abandon you just like all others mwuhahaha, the idiot that buys this game can prepare himself for a whole lot of disappointment cuz we will not support it hahah, we never did so and we don't even know how to cuz we do not care about you hahahahah.

(well and it goes on like this crap)