Other strategy games

xvayne

i'm sure it will, aaah the incredible atmosphere of space battles, they take long, realy long as capital ships can take quite some punch. It is all so beatiful. First to see a fleet of enemy ships near your fleet in the distance but range is still too big. Two giant fleets fly to each other into firing range and then it becomes awsome. The silence before battle the only thing you hear is the 50 ton guns and the giant ion cannons turn (you hear all the mechanical sounds) until they have a lock on the enemy and then they unleash hell. TZOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMM Ion cannons burn holes into space and enemy ships. You hear hulls being torn apart and cannons spit fire. You see bundles of Ion soar trough space trying to hit one of those damn fast and manouverable fighters. When they face one fighter their chance to hit is very low cuz the ion cannons can't rotate that fast but when you see a heavy cruiser armed with 4 ion cannons fire at a group of like 50 fighters it is awesome. They don't hit the fighter they wanted to hit but still they kill. They fire their bundels into the fighter formation and even though they their target they don't miss their target's friends. 3 giant explosions of 3 unlucky fighter which flew into the ion bundles and their explosion comes with a beatiful sound. after a few minutes of heavy battles you look and see what that war has costed you. Your capital ships are burning and your fighters are almost out of fuel and have to return to a support frigate/mothership/carrier as soon as possible but you have won. Another victory for the noble kushan's

More on the shooting warfare side, like emperor,

Well if you're talking about games like emperor, (i.e. stragegy games that have units that shoot projectiles), then I think you'll love The Moon Project. I play on Earthnet once in a while. Just a word of warning. If you do decide to go there, make sure you have a thorough understanding of the game, because newbies or people that like comp stomp get pretty rough treatment. I'm not sure whether Earthnet is moderated or even monitored for abusive language, because the language that I saw being used their once, would have been enough to ban someone here for life! :O

You're my friend Terror :'( 8) I like it when I fly with one big Heavy Cruisser and I get atacked with a swarm of small fighters. Then I zoom in to max and follow the rotating turrets personaly targeting at each small fighter. There is a good sence of size, your superiority controling a huge ship. And to hear the radios, especialy when a harvester brings recources - Thank you, see you next time... Engaging Delta formation...This is not looking good fleet :).

:D hah EXACTLY what i mean. The sound of those huge hulking ships soaring through space and firing at any enemy they encounter. And i love the music so much. It's like in a movie like braverheart or gladiator. Just play the 2nd mission and listen to the music when the ingame cinematic plays (you know when the turanic raiders approach), that was an almost perfect moment in my life

WOW! I just saw screenies of imperium galactica 3. It's a 3d rts like homeworld. I haven't seen it play yet but as far as i've seen it looks incredible. There's no other game that i've seen that has such great graphix and it's gonna be released any moment now. I don't realy know that much about it yet but as far as i've seen it's gonna be a hit. Anyone else know something about this game?

The link btw is: http://www.ig3.de/english/index0.htm