Generations Devs Speak

Mahdi

From the official Dune Generations Website, posted by Frederic Manisse:

The company was liquidated and all the employees are with unemployment. The adventure Dune Generation is thus finished.

I would have worked on Dune for 18 months, as principal programmer and then as principal designor. Until the end I would have tried to make Dune a play of which I could have been proud and who would have satisfied the fans with this remarkable universe.

It really does not rest with to me to comment on the financial failure of cryo networks, except I think that the delay of DG is not the cause has my opinion.

I want thank that which we have support and which me have suggest all these good idea, that for the majority I have not can inserer in the design for lack of manque de time, that which have place their confidence in the team of DG, confidence which have be disappoint finally, and it in spite of all our effort.

Thank you has you to have believed has our company.

Frederic Manisse

ex - DG' S lead to program & lead designer

This post has been online for a couple days, however until recently its authenticity has been debated. Christophe Lorek, another one of the DG Developers replied today and had this to say about it:

As I said on the french board, I recognize in this message the way Frederic express himself, everything is true, so I repost this message with my account to officialize this.

I'm really sorry that the game won't ever come out, and I share the point of view of Fred.

Elvis

--------------------

LOREK Christophe

Lead Programmer of the 3D team

Dune Generations

So now we have official confirmation about the fate of Cryo, Dune Generations, and all of the people working on it. We wish all the ex-Cryo employees the best of luck in the future.

For those of you who were eagerly anticipating Dune Generations, there is one last surprise on it's way for you, courtesy of the former developers of the game. We will, hopefully, be making it available within the next few days.

Special thanks to Alteo'Deo for making us aware of this latest post by Christophe.

Not all of them wish the ex-Cryo guys success. (don't know if "we" was referring just to the Admins here or to all who view the forums, if it's the former, then disregard this post)

*I* don't wish them success.

From my POV, paying just to play games which you have *already* paid for is extortion; hence the extortionists got a fitting consequence.