the queen of the damned

lost_child

what did every one think of the new anne rice movie.

personaly i like interview with a vampire better. lestat was just to girly in this one. in all the books hes a huge snobb which is an a$$hole who is only at peace while killing but in this one its kindof the oppoiste.

The best thing to happen for that movie was that she died ... last Spring I heard the movie was going straight to video since the studio felt it was so terrible that no one would go see it ... after she died ... suddenly they rushed to finish it and used her brother to quickly add overdubbed dialogue for the queen character.

I have heard the same things about the movie being overdubbed but because Aaliyah's voice was not audiable they had to use her brother's because his voice was close to in sounding like Aaliyah's when speaking.

It's a "vampire" movie so I do not expect it to be very good to begin with in the first place. Due to the fact that many artists in the recent past have still been profitable in the afterlife you knew this was going to still be shown in multi-plex. Although I think she would have found much better roles than this later in her film career.

Lestat reinvents himself as a rock idol telling the public that he is a vampire, of course no one believes him they think it is part of his rock persona. Lestat angers other vampires with his actions, for fear of their "way of life" this action also somehow "awakens" Queen Ashka (sp?). This Queen is the mother of all the vampires who wants to enslave the human race with the vampires as their masters.