Technical Prob with this site and GeForce4 Ti 4600

I just got my GeForce4 Ti 4600 back today and everything looks fine except for a new technical problem on this site.

Whenever someone has quoted something in a post, the display of the Quote box is corrupted. It is like there is a "grid" over the text, that covers over most of the white text with grey lines, so that it is unreadable since most of the white letters are blocked-out. Can someone please tell me what is causing this problem and how to solve it?

Yeah, I was thinking it's probably something to do with IE and not my new card. It's just weird because when using my other card, it displays fine even though my IE settings are identical in both cases.

How do I take a screenshot of the problem? PrintScreen? If so, where does that save the file to? I'll upload a SS, I just need to know the exact procedure for doing that.

Lowering the resolution doesn't change anything, I tried that already. Lowering the refresh rate? That's bad isn't it? Lower refresh rate = more eye strain, right? How do I do that, anyhow? And what *should* my refresh rate be set to?EDIT: I found the spot to change that, currently it is set to Optimal. But my monitor has different refresh rates for Horizontal and Vertical, yet there is only one option to toggle. Is that for Horizontal or Vertical???

If I'm correct, you should also be able to set Optimal to default, (or any refresh rate your monitor can handle).

I wouldn't touch the vertical and horizontal rates though !

Right click on your desktop and select properties. Select the tab caled "settings". Near the bottom should be a button called "Advanced". On the "Adapter" tab, there should be an option to set the refresh rate.

There is an option for "adapter default". I applied that and checked if it solved the problem. It did not. Then I tried changed the Refresh rate to the lowest possible option, 60Hz and applied that, and checked if it solved the problem. It did not.

Conclusion: changing my Refresh rate settings has no effect on solving this problem.

It seems IE related. You might want to check the following options:

Tools => Internet options. Go to the tab "Security settings" and choose custom level (check for any options that might affect the problem you're having). You also can check the options on the advanced tab.

It seems IE related. You might want to check the following options:

Tools => Internet options. Go to the tab "Security settings" and choose custom level (check for any options that might affect the problem you're having). You also can check the options on the advanced tab.

Uh gee Nyar, if I knew what options directly relate to the displaying of the Quote box graphics on this site, I woulda fixed the problem long ago. I have no idea what options of IE have anything to do with that. I don't know what the diff between Javascript and JavaApplets are and all that kind of stuff. What I am trying to say is, if there *are* specific options in IE that relate directly to how Quotes on this site are displayed, what are those options called? Tell me what to change and I'll try changing them. Only thing I won't do is to set my security to a default level because after countless hours of tweaking I have finally managed to stop "flashing ads" on websites ( i *really* hate those!) from flashing and I don't know what I did to stop that so I wouldn't want it to be reveresed inadvertently.

Nav, I'm no "mr. knowitall" either, hence why I said might affect your problem.A thing you could do is try to compare the settings in Netscape with the ones in IE..
That would take forever since the menus and feature names of Netscape and IE are all completely different. The language they use for the same thing is often very different, and some options in one are not even present in the other.