Missile Tanks

eccp19

I never thought that this day would come. You actually admitted that you are wrong! Anyway, that's good of you. At least now I know that you can actually do admit when you are. It would have been interesting to see if you could actually do it though. I would be amazed if you actually could. ;)

That depends on a number of things. 1 Fremen warrior can kill a mortar infantry unit with 1 shot, provided the warrior has 1 chevron (additional damage). The mortar must also NOT be in infantry cover, as this gives it an armour bonus.

My mortars were deployed on the infantry rock, but in normal circumstances, an Atreides sniper with no chevrons will kill a mortar infantry with 2 shots, provided the mortar is not in infantry cover and does not have any chevrons.

You take 15 mortars. I take 1 fremen sniper. My sniper will kill all your mortars. And the funny thing is.....I will not even fire a single shot...LOL

Or how about 1 scout vs 25 mortars...? I think it has very good chance to survive all those mortars without getting a scratch.

nah its funnier to run a scout into them or a fremen warrior and seeing a big fat rain of mortarshells raining down on themselves.

i use this trick many times in infantry wars, i also run them in between other troops like sardaukar or sumthin, provided there are enough mortars around to mage a big blast.

And if you are playing a decent ords player, there will be enough mortars around... and then i i let the mortars kill themselves.

Its funny to press tab then and see how many kills they r getting from it..muhahahaha

I think the mortar infantry is the only unit in the game that can actually kill itself. Try ordering a mortar to fire right next to itself and it will get splash damage until it dies. :)

I know it's stupid and counter-productive, but it can be fun in skirmishes. ;D

The best counter to groups of mortars are fast-moving vehicles... unless the mortars happen to have some AA troops to support them, of course...

But what's the best way to kill kindjals in early game with Ordos? Those things always stop my rush... and they have snipers to protect them from chems. :(

• 2 weeks later...

I think the mortar infantry is the only unit in the game that can actually kill itself. Try ordering a mortar to fire right next to itself and it will get splash damage until it dies. :)

Actually I've seen a player that went in a co-op game with me do exactly that, and the mortar wasn't taking a scratch!

The chemical will surely handle the infantries in the early game, but i personally think that the Dust Scouts are just too fragile and couldn't run-over infantries, which is the cause of not worthing the high price....... I personally think a group of AA troopers will do better in against vehicle than Dust Scouts !!

Seriously why does everyone think the Ordos could rush the best? Wouldn't the Buzzzsaw do a better job? It cost the same, but better armour, better firepower, and could also run over infantries !!

Let me look in the Rules.txt... Okay, this is how it really is:

DUST SCOUT

build time = 150

speed = 14.0

health = 1100

range = 7

damage (firepower) = 350

BUZZSAW

build time = 180

speed = 8.0

health = 1300

range = 7

damage (firepower) = 350/700 (one gun/both guns)

Since the Buzzsaw hardly ever shoots both guns... the slight difference in health isn't enough to make up for the Buzzsaw's lack of self repair and the Dust Scout's speed (nearly twice as fast!)

Don't forget that Buzzsaws always move at full speed right up until the moment when they are destroyed. Dust scouts have no shields, so when they get damaged, their performance is severely degraded (i.e. they lose their speed advantage) which can put them in danger. Buzzsaws can be very effective against both infantry and dust scouts. The only problem is the build speed, Ordos can easily outnumber the Buzzsaws early in the game, and then put the pressure on, since the Dust Scouts self repair, it doesn't matter how much damage they take as long as they are not destroyed. They could stay there all day and shoot enemy units while taking fire, which allows the Ordos player to get some more units up to the front lines. :)

Buzzsaws can kill Dust Scouts in a one on one encounter. They have more health according to the stats up above. But it's unlikely that there will just be 1 Dust Scout and 1 Buzzsaw, often the Dust Scouts will outnumber the Buzzsaws. The battle will still be fairly even however, due to the superior firepower and armour of the Buzzsaw, and the higher number of Dust Scouts. :P