Their problems our concern

PToN

I wonder if with the news on the main page. Lets say that they dont sell a lot of games that will happend with the servers and the network for us to play???? i dont wanna pay 49.99 or even more fora game that wont have multiplayer support.

It would be nice if Blizzard takes Dune license

I sure hope they get a lotta moolah fast because maintaining servers and salary for people to work on it day in and day out, well it's going to be very expensive. I would rather wait a while when it comes out, to see if it goes anywhere.

Things are looking really, really bad for DG now, it would be a miracle if the game was continued.

The biggest shame is that this game has the greatest potential to be a game worthy of the name "Dune".

The Dune Curse, I tells ya! It's the curse!

The movie ended Stings acting career, almost ended Lynch's directing career, E:BFD is probably partly responsibly for the looming disbanding of westwood (and they have the Dune licsence), FH's Dune is probably partly respnsible for Cryo's financial woes and impending doom (and they have the dune license).

The only thing Dune that has been financially successful (recently) is the miniseries.

I'm sure theres plenty of companies circling like vultures waiting for their opportunity to grab the Dune license at a rock bottom price.

The only thing Dune that has been financially successful (recently) is the miniseries.

I'm sure theres plenty of companies circling like vultures waiting for their opportunity to grab the Dune license at a rock bottom price.

Not true, the prequels have been very successfull.

I agree with what has been mostly said (2) two video games that end being very lackluster (mainly the Cryo game Frank Herbert's Dune) does not help a struggling sci-fic cult following. Maybe there is not a place for Dune among Star Wars and Star Trek universes. I am really looking forward to Dune Generationsbut now it looks as if it will not see the light of day. I do not know if it could be the back drop of Dune itself (it's not as simple as it's counterparts i.e. Star Wars) or it could be that fact that some audiences do not want to think about the issuses that the story of Dune presents within it's saga. It could be all of that or just one thing I think is the problem groups of people who do not understand the Duniverse enough to make games that are both enjoyable and draws on the imagination within Dune. I would hope that Dune Generations would be the game to finally be the one game that was finally closest to what Frank Herbert had invisioned but now the one question is will we ever see it? only time will tell, I guess. :-

gahhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!! nooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!! this was a news artical at gamespot.

nooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"French game company Cryo and its subsidiary, Cryonetworks, have shut down, according to a report on gaming news site GamesIndustry.biz. The closure is due to a failure to negotiate a deal with the company's creditors, and Cryo shares have been suspended from trading awaiting an announcement from the company's board of directors.

Cryo is the publisher behind the upcoming massively multiplayer online sci-fi role-playing game Dune Generations. A number of other Cryo games have been published in North America through a partnership with Canada-based DreamCatcher Interactive.

DreamCatcher doesn't expect to encounter any significant effects from Cryo's closure. "While Cryo indirectly owns an interest in DreamCatcher, Cryo's unfortunate financial difficulties do not affect in any way DreamCatcher's operations or positive outlook," said Richard Wah Kan, CEO of DreamCatcher. "DreamCatcher is, and will continue to be, a vibrant, growing, and successful company and will continue to service its customers, deal with its suppliers, and acquire and distribute its wide range of quality game titles."

gahhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!! nooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!! this was a news artical at gamespot.

nooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"French game company Cryo and its subsidiary, Cryonetworks, have shut down, according to a report on gaming news site GamesIndustry.biz. The closure is due to a failure to negotiate a deal with the company's creditors, and Cryo shares have been suspended from trading awaiting an announcement from the company's board of directors.

Cryo is the publisher behind the upcoming massively multiplayer online sci-fi role-playing game Dune Generations. A number of other Cryo games have been published in North America through a partnership with Canada-based DreamCatcher Interactive.

DreamCatcher doesn't expect to encounter any significant effects from Cryo's closure. "While Cryo indirectly owns an interest in DreamCatcher, Cryo's unfortunate financial difficulties do not affect in any way DreamCatcher's operations or positive outlook," said Richard Wah Kan, CEO of DreamCatcher. "DreamCatcher is, and will continue to be, a vibrant, growing, and successful company and will continue to service its customers, deal with its suppliers, and acquire and distribute its wide range of quality game titles."

For the thousandth time, that article is wrong.